Caravan carpets

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Generally most newish caravans have several loose carpets covering the floor area. Unfortunately these tend to move around for some reason. Are there any advantages in having one single piece carpet for lounge, kitchen and bedroom area on many caravans?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Generally most newish caravans have several loose carpets covering the floor area. Unfortunately these tend to move around for some reason. Are there any advantages in having one single piece carpet for lounge, kitchen and bedroom area on many caravans?
We’ve always stored our caravan carpets. Generally wrapped up in the loft but this year we had mice so the carpets are under the bed and war being waged on the mice in the loft. Think I’m winning as no mice trapped fir over three weeks now.
In the van we use loose mats with rubber backing and sized such that they can be machine washed at home.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
My van carpet is in 3 sections, generally I leave all 3 in place, but I think some users prefer not to have carpet in the end washroom or in the kitchen area, so this gives the flexibility to lift and store these while leaving the front 'lounge' carpet in place. After one journey I found the instant coffee plastic canister had emptied its content onto the floor and being able to lift the kitchen carpet section to take outside and beat granules off made life easier!

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Our carpets have been in the attic since we purchased the caravan, the vynil floor looks way better than the carpets, plus on non awning times away you can walk into the caravan without taking your footwear off because mud simply wipes up.

On why 3, in our last caravan we left them down, when it came to cleaning we, no sorry, I, found it easier with them being seperate to handle.
So I picked a sunny day, pressure washed them on the drive and let them dry in the warmth of the day on an airer, came up lovely.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have not found the carpet sections moving when we move about. The big advantage of these bits is they are far easier to lift when you need to. A full length single piece would be far too heavy and cumbersome. Ours comes in five pieces and they are manageable. It also allows us to take up the toilet section when we need to.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I removed the original carpets and fitted a off cut from a carpet center. It covers the whole floor area, very easy to vacume, and after winter remove it and carpet wash it and refit.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have a Carpet Runner in ours it goes from the front to the back the original carpets were took out we do not use them .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a turtle carpet by our door and it is forever moving as it is on top of the original carpet. I would like that to stop walking!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We are the same, our carpets are in 3 pieces. We no longer have a problem with them sliding as we use a couple of small sections of non slip mat, bought from any caravan accessory shop, under the carpets and that stops any movement. We also have the cupboards lined with it and aslo a couple of pieces in the boot to stop my toolboxes sliding around on the plastic bootline. Its non adhesive so doesnt leave any marks or residue.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have a turtle carpet by our door and it is forever moving as it is on top of the original carpet. I would like that to stop walking!
Carpet on carpet isn’t easy to stop slipping. We’ve even had a large Turkish carpet in the lounge on top of the fitted carpet and that moved despite using high stick membrane under most of it, or double sided tape.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts