caravan club bookings system

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,I am about to draft a letter to the Caravan Club complaining about my experiences this year when attempting to book sites.

I'd like to guage the experiences of forum participants to compare them with the conversations I have had on sites visited this year so far.

Here is a summary of my gripes:

- I have spent pounds on phone calls to the answering machine at the advance booking service.

- this is after holding for ages when the phone is left unanswered.

-I have spent up to an hour on several occasions, trying to get through.

- in desperation I have then phoned the ordinary switchboard number who have put me through to a real person!

- when the much-delayed bookings web-site came on line, I thought I'd better check the bookings I'd been able to make; I discovered that a booking I had cancelled and substituted with a different date still appeared on my bookings sheet.

- On ringing the bookings line, same old story: engaged, ansaphone or no answer! Rang the switchboard who told me that it had been cancelled but the online system had not received the details!

Have I been unlucky or are there other frustrated CC members out there?

Lorraine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, fingers crossed the website seems to be much better, I've cancelled a site booked over the phone and booked a new one, all managed within minutes, If I have one complaint about the online booking, is it's very wordy and took me some time to work out how to cancel a booking. On the plus side at least we now get a confirmation of the booking (via email)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Matthew- booked some sites online last night with no problems! The only problem I have is that all the sites seem to be booked up already!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had no problem booking the sites we wanted. Very helpful booking lady on the phone, went out of her way to ensure all the correct details were entered. No complaints at all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Since online booking came alive I have found that the system has greatly improved booking sites, I only wish that they could do the same for CL,s

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used the phone to book our holidays 3 days after the call centre opened. It took 3 attempts to get through, but when I did the operator I spoke to was polite and apologised for the wait. I have since made a booking on line and was impressed with the ease and speed with which the booking was completed. As with any new system there will be teething troubles, but I'm sure that when the Caravan Club iron out all the niggles, the call centre and the online booking will be a great advantage to the members.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lorraine

I cannot comment on caravan club booking system as I have not used it. But I do sympathise with you as I have had a similar problem with the camping club on their online booking service, I booked A weekend site in February for weekendding 28 of May paid for in full no problem on the booking side, money was taken out of my bank in three days, the fun started when two weeks later I found it necessary to cancel, there is no facility to cancel or change dates online so I had to phone in to make the cancelation, no problem sir that has been done as of now, excelent says I can I please have a full refund, Big silence, excuse me can I have a refund please, sorry we do not give out refunds it is put into their account So they get interest on my money for twelve months pending a rebooking at any time this would the be deducted from the next booking, to which I replied this is not acceptable. I was then told to send a medical note to verifiy why I had canceled, this is not acceptable as there is no medical problem, I would like a refund please. No not possible. If this was a short notice say three days I could accept but I gave 10 weeks notice, this did not matter still no refund. so I said I will not be making any further bookings with your system, no reply. I am glad that I did not book & pay for a full week or more. I think this is a deplorable system that a company can do this to their members.

The moral of this saga is Book direct with a site and not through a third party, it seems that both of these clubs are the same. I am not going to be out of pocket for twelve months while they make interest on my money.

Jim

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
As yet ,ive had no problems with the online booking system or via ringing the club direct.The only problem i can see is the idiots who book a pitch then dont turn up without letting the site know in advance.As the club dont appear to be taking deposits at the moment, this is going to happen on a regular basis

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lorraine

I cannot comment on caravan club booking system as I have not used it. But I do sympathise with you as I have had a similar problem with the camping club on their online booking service, I booked A weekend site in February for weekendding 28 of May paid for in full no problem on the booking side, money was taken out of my bank in three days, the fun started when two weeks later I found it necessary to cancel, there is no facility to cancel or change dates online so I had to phone in to make the cancelation, no problem sir that has been done as of now, excelent says I can I please have a full refund, Big silence, excuse me can I have a refund please, sorry we do not give out refunds it is put into their account So they get interest on my money for twelve months pending a rebooking at any time this would the be deducted from the next booking, to which I replied this is not acceptable. I was then told to send a medical note to verifiy why I had canceled, this is not acceptable as there is no medical problem, I would like a refund please. No not possible. If this was a short notice say three days I could accept but I gave 10 weeks notice, this did not matter still no refund. so I said I will not be making any further bookings with your system, no reply. I am glad that I did not book & pay for a full week or more. I think this is a deplorable system that a company can do this to their members.

The moral of this saga is Book direct with a site and not through a third party, it seems that both of these clubs are the same. I am not going to be out of pocket for twelve months while they make interest on my money.

Jim
You must be mistaken it cannot be the Caravan Club. You can cancel any booking without penalty, you do not even have to pay a deposit!

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lorraine

Jim
Update to 30 03 05

The camping club have responded in writeing confriming that no refunds will be made and that after 12 months the money will be forteited if not used to make an other booking. SO THIS IS THE FRIENDLY CLUB ?? so I would say to any one useing CLUB REZ BEWARE, This infformation is not on their site.

Jim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts