caravan club or caravan and camping club

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Honestly Tracey, there's nothing really to choose between them.

Don't let the fact that you have two apprentice people in the family cloud your judgement.

Both clubs cater for a wide range of family groups.

Some CC sites are better for children than others.

Likewise, some C&CC sites suite adults only more than others.

If you can run to the exra thirty odd quid, join both. We did and we've now got the best of both worlds.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it.

Dave

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
If you like the feeling of being dictated to by many little Hitlers then the C & CC is for you.

We joined about 10 days ago to be able to use their CS sites as there is no ways we would use a proper site. They managed to set up the DD before we even got our membership pack however they will not tell us the date the DD will be processed and neither have they sent us membership cards. Two emails and two phone calls still no proper resposne.

On the first call inquiring about the DD date and membership cards, I was spoken to like an errant schoolboy by someone who would not let me get a word in edgeways. Second call not so bad and was promised a call back. That was last week and I am still waiting. When we joined the CC everything arrived at once along with dates for DD etc.

If nothing in the post by tonight, membership pack goes back as we do not like hassles. Life is for living not worrying!

Jul 13, 2006
Visit site
We are with the C&CC and have noticed that all of their sites that we have stayed at have a childrens play park. The CC club site we stayed in recenly did not have a park. Our kids are same age as yours so the park becomes important. Might be useful to do some research, see which sites are local to you that you may use a lot and then decide which club to join based on facilties.

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
We are in both and echo the comments about the C&CC. We wont be renewing ... I cannot fault the CC - we tend to mainly use CL's.

If you have a caravan then I would stay with the CC. Its cheaper and better quality sites. Plus for our Euro trip this year the CC havent applied surcharges for the exchange rate whereas the C&CC have.

Feb 7, 2008
Visit site
Tracey,

We also have young kids and are in both clubs. To be honest I have found the C&CC to be more kid friendly with regards to amenities etc and more organised.

I would also have to disagree with Richard as I have found the C&CC to be cheaper especially if you go out of season as kids go free with C&CC which makes a big saving compared to C&C. C&C also charged us an arrangement fee when booking abroad because we did not book the ferry through them which irked somewhat.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, I'm now in both clubs.

Just going on the magazines, the CC mag is full of adverts for stuff for old people and the C&CC is more geared to the younger market.

Having experience of visiting both CC sites and C&CC sites, I think I prefer the C&CC, they seem a friendlier bunch, some people I've found on the CC sites tend to prefer to stay in their vans watching tv and snooping on other site users.

There was a letter in either PC magazine, or CC mag, I can't remember - whereby a man and his wife noted each outfit arriving on site, wrote down the type of tow vehicle, the caravan, then referred to a book and worked out the ratios etc and discovered some outfits were miss-matched, now that is prudent for safety, yes I appreciate that, but OMG, how sad a person do you have to be to go on holiday and do that all day/week/weeks/month?

You'll find on this site too tracey that a lot of members are retired, not that I have anything against retired people, but some are stuck in their ways, like reading the Sunday newspapers and quoting articles from them to stir up things, if you get my drift. Some are quite henpecked, reading through the lines and try and act macho and outrageous on here, but it's all an act.

Lisa

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well, I'm now in both clubs.

Just going on the magazines, the CC mag is full of adverts for stuff for old people and the C&CC is more geared to the younger market.

Having experience of visiting both CC sites and C&CC sites, I think I prefer the C&CC, they seem a friendlier bunch, some people I've found on the CC sites tend to prefer to stay in their vans watching tv and snooping on other site users.

There was a letter in either PC magazine, or CC mag, I can't remember - whereby a man and his wife noted each outfit arriving on site, wrote down the type of tow vehicle, the caravan, then referred to a book and worked out the ratios etc and discovered some outfits were miss-matched, now that is prudent for safety, yes I appreciate that, but OMG, how sad a person do you have to be to go on holiday and do that all day/week/weeks/month?

You'll find on this site too tracey that a lot of members are retired, not that I have anything against retired people, but some are stuck in their ways, like reading the Sunday newspapers and quoting articles from them to stir up things, if you get my drift. Some are quite henpecked, reading through the lines and try and act macho and outrageous on here, but it's all an act.

Lisa

Lisa
Quote ... "Just going on the magazines, the CC mag is full of adverts for stuff for old people"

Tut! tut! stop being ageist, most un-pc.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If you like the feeling of being dictated to by many little Hitlers then the C & CC is for you.

We joined about 10 days ago to be able to use their CS sites as there is no ways we would use a proper site. They managed to set up the DD before we even got our membership pack however they will not tell us the date the DD will be processed and neither have they sent us membership cards. Two emails and two phone calls still no proper resposne.

On the first call inquiring about the DD date and membership cards, I was spoken to like an errant schoolboy by someone who would not let me get a word in edgeways. Second call not so bad and was promised a call back. That was last week and I am still waiting. When we joined the CC everything arrived at once along with dates for DD etc.

If nothing in the post by tonight, membership pack goes back as we do not like hassles. Life is for living not worrying!
Hear! Hear!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa - I am retired, I do not read a Sunday newspaper, I am definately not a stirrer, neither am I henpecked and I am definately macho - Diane can vouch for my young at heart ways and my friendly outgoing nature. I will admit to wearing white socks with sandals and also wearing a coller and tie each day even though I am retired. Like Lord B. I have an image to keep within the village and society in general. As I walk the dog each day I stop and have a friendly chat with my fellow villagers - always try to be neighbourly.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lisa - I am retired, I do not read a Sunday newspaper, I love stirring, they are out on the question on whether I'm henpecked, I'm definately not macho if that entails walking around with a large dog with a spiked collar - Her Ladyship can vouch for my nit-picking ways and my "dont give a shyte" nature. I never wear white socks, even less sandals and only wear a collar and tie to weddings and funerals under duress. Like Colyn ap Brydgynd, I have an image to keep with the serfs, peasants and the gentry. As I let the dogs out each day I stop and have a friendly chat with my workers as they till the fields - always try to be friendly rather than pay them a decent wage.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
OH dear , I think I understand how a " troll " works now . Steve .

Sorry Tracy to go off subject . I am not in either of the clubs and we have been caravanning for over 30 years and haven't seen the need ,mind you if we went abroad we naturally would join one or both . So what I am saying is don't feel you HAVE to join a club as you can still highly enjoy caravanning/camping without , happy times, Steve .

PS personally I think sites like this one is far more important, informative , knowledgable and usually good fun and light hearted .

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Lisa - I am retired, I do not read a Sunday newspaper, I love stirring, they are out on the question on whether I'm henpecked, I'm definately not macho if that entails walking around with a large dog with a spiked collar - Her Ladyship can vouch for my nit-picking ways and my "dont give a shyte" nature. I never wear white socks, even less sandals and only wear a collar and tie to weddings and funerals under duress. Like Colyn ap Brydgynd, I have an image to keep with the serfs, peasants and the gentry. As I let the dogs out each day I stop and have a friendly chat with my workers as they till the fields - always try to be friendly rather than pay them a decent wage.

Hear hear .

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Somehow I don't think you do know how Trolls work or even what they are Rosie. If so tell me because all the posts were from known regulars, hence not a "troll".

The Mods on here don't need encouragement to delete innocent threads like the one from Colin(Bridgend) or my reply to him.

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
TRACEY,

You ask which club to join as you have children ?

We are in the CC so please, please, please join the C+CC ............. ;0)

Steve

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We initially only joined the Caravan Club as we knew that they had a few sites that we wanted to visit (going to Sheepcote Valley in Brighton at the weekend - only 5 more sleeps!, and to Longleat at October half term) so we knew that the membership fee would be worthwhile.

We joined the Camping & Caravanning Club for our Easter holiday as the CC site in Northumberland was fully booked so we used a C&CC one instead. We saved the cost of membership just on our 6 night Easter break so it was well worth it. The Big Sites book from C&CC is very extensive and we've used a couple of their CS sites too when CC CLs weren't available or not in the area required (we have 3 kids so like to have a stopover if the journey takes more than around 3 hours). In our experience, more C&CC CSs tend to have toilet facilities as they cater for tent campers too but can be a little more expensive (around

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

LB I probably don't really now how/what/why trolls work but Damian gave me a reply to what a troll is and I thought I detected some of it in proir posts , not yours by the way but anothers . Steve .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts