Caravan club shop not so cheap

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I wanted to buy a Kartt replacement jockey wheel - just the wheel. On the CC shop there's a discount for members but the shipping cost was £7.95.

On the Kartt shop site there's no discount but delivery is £5.

CC shop with discount totals £26.39
Kart shop totals £26.

Yeah! I saved 39p

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I wanted to buy a Kartt replacement jockey wheel - just the wheel. On the CC shop there's a discount for members but the shipping cost was £7.95.

Kart shop totals £26.

Yeah! I saved 39p

Well done, but I see they do about 6 versions, one is on EBay for £10.23 delivered.

Of course it may not be the same one.

John

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Not the cheaper one but I just noticed the same heavy duty one I've ordered for just over £23. The dealer selling it is one I checked directly and they didn't have stock. Problem is I have a dislike of Ebay.

Should I invest my 39p?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

Kart shop totals £26.

Yeah! I saved 39p
It always pays to shop around as "members discounts" are a commercial marketing strategy that can often be beaten elsewhere - I'm including CC but not being specific as I've noticed it across a whole raft of organisations.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Not the cheaper one but I just noticed the same heavy duty one I've ordered for just over £23. The dealer selling it is one I checked directly and they didn't have stock. Problem is I have a dislike of Ebay.

Should I invest my 39p?
Invest your 39p (y)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It always pays to shop around as "members discounts" are a commercial marketing strategy that can often be beaten elsewhere - I'm including CC but not being specific as I've noticed it across a whole raft of organisations.
Agree as I have found it similar with CCC and Boundless too. I always search around the web when shopping.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Frankly on the basis of one item you cannot say that a retailer is cheap or expensive. Nobody is cheapest on everything nor are they likely to be the most expensive on everything. Basically you are getting a discount on the Bailey price and sometimes this works out cheapest and sometimes not. We bought our CADAC off hem when they had what we found to be an unbeatable deal. What you get generally is a competitive price and it is sometimes the best but if you worry about 39 pence then you go far further than we do.
Possibly the shop does lose out by charging delivery but at least it was DPD on ours, I think is worth 39 p over most of the others as their service is the best according to surveys and our experience. We have had poor and drastic from some free deliveries with other suppliers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts