Caravan Club Survey

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
CC e-mailed me and I've just filled in their on line survey. The infamous Bunfight in december got a good airing.
At least they are trying so give it a go.
smiley-smile.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Done mine.
Told them my main complaint was how the sites have got expensive.

We did book a week at Burrs Country Park in September but cancelled it a month ago.

1 week @ Burrs Country Park = £128.80
2 weeks in Cornwall @ the same time = £135

Same facilities as Burrs plus indoor pool.

It's a no brainer.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Doen mine and booking system featured quite heavily alongside cost of pitches as it is now cheaper to use a commercial site of the same standard or better than a CC site.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve not had the survey sent to me. Could it be because I’ve never stayed on a CC site? Reading the posts about the annual booking bun fight puts me off somewhat. As most of my trips are at short notice I tend stay on many CL’s during the year. By not asking the likes of me about what I take to be a survey (including the booking system) about their sites they are likely to get a biased result.
smiley-undecided.gif

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I too completed the survey and complained of the booking system.
The CC MUST be aware of the views of the majority members and must have done for a long time.
It seems to me that the CC is in everything but name a profit making organisation, which is NOT run how the members would wish and there attitude seems to be that "if you dont like, dont join".
This problem with bookings is well documented here on this site (and dont we all know it) and the CC must monitor this forum and have read the entries....if they dont they should .
What did others ask to be included in their next survey. I said the Broadband ripoff, sorry service, they offer.
Again only those with more sense than money pay those prices, but the CC still insist of providing what the members dont want....you only have to ask the wardens what feedback they get from members.
The only reason I am a member of the CC is the use of the CL's. I very rarely use the Club sites!

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I did the survey and like the other postings expressed my views about the pricing policy which in my opinion is purely comercially driven,
I too have had some difficulties with unhelpful wardens and although I think they are a minority I have no faith in the organisation taking its members part in any dispute.
I primarily use the club for ferry and insurance but am most careful in my dealings after experiancing its idea of customer service in correcting a mistake on thier part re a ferry booking, we have all got used to a service ethos from shops and supermarkets etc and it comes as a shock when an organisation blames its customers and uses small print to try and wriggle out of paying a refund (in my case quite a small sum)
I also expressed my view that an organisation as big as the CC could exercise some clout on issues relating to the hobby and does not seem willing to.
It will be interesting to see if any of the negative comments make it through to the club magazine, one of my ideas for future questions was the absence of anything in the letters section that did not comprise fulsome praise for the club staff.
David

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
another David said:
What bunfight?
The fight on day one for the infamous sites, Rowntree , Clumber, Chatsworth.
David ,
Unless you can get on the computer on the chosen day in december the chances of getting one of the above sites for a whole week is pretty rare.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
another David said:
What bunfight?
The fight on day one for the infamous sites, Rowntree , Clumber, Chatsworth.
David ,
Unless you can get on the computer on the chosen day in december the chances of getting one of the above sites for a whole week is pretty rare.

As someone pointed out in another thread, you cannot book weekends at the popular sites with the C&CC. If this is the case then maybe the CC could take a leaf out of the C&CC book so that only whole weeks can be booked at the above sites. Then maybe the sites will be full for the whole week and not just weekends with empty pitches in the week as at the present.

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
We all know the CC dont give a toss about the booking problems....as long as the sites are full every night, why should they bother, as I said earlier, they dont care what the members want.....we have to conform with what the CC want. Whose club is it anyway ?
Its all been said dozens of times....so just grin and bare it
Lovely day innit?

TRENDING THREADS