Caravan Club vouchers - use by 31 December 2006

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For anyone going away before 31 December, I've got 2 Caravan Club vouchers for sale on eBay: 140055376387 - 3 day listing. I won't be able to use them, so grab a bargain!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What sort of voucher is it? The CC website says of site night vouchers, "Please note that site night vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be used on Affiliated Sites, Management Agreement Sites or CL's".

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
What sort of voucher is it? The CC website says of site night vouchers, "Please note that site night vouchers are non-transferable and cannot be used on Affiliated Sites, Management Agreement Sites or CL's".
The law of the land also states it is an offence to exceed 30mph in a built-up area, but it's only a few who bother.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The law of the land also states it is an offence to exceed 30mph in a built-up area, but it's only a few who bother.
Actually quite a lot of people do.It's only those who selfishly think of themselves and have no regard for pedestrian safety that don't.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Phil - that's a poor analogy. You cannot compare the road traffic act to a private club's rules and regulatons.

Is there any possibility that the purchaser of Ken's vouchers could arrive at a site and have the vouchers refused? Is there a numbering and tracking system for these vouchers?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bit of a rip off (in my humble opion). What incentive have we to use the CC credit card when new vouchers have to be used within the next 5 weeks. I have been concerned for some time because the expiry date remained constant at 31.12.2006 ever since I received my first vouchers some 2 years ago. Is the Credit Card Company going to extend the use by date in the form of exchange vouchers. How about if everyone concerned phoned them to ask?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The latest vouchers now have an expiry date of 2008 - they just seem a bit slow being issued - some admin. problem no doubt. As far as vouchers being non-transferable surely anyone can, in fact, do with them as they want having 'earned' them by use of the credit card. If I buy something on a 'buy one get one free offer' I can give the free one away, sell it or bin it. The choice is mine. There is nothing non-transferable about it. Likewise competition or lottery winnings.

Does anyone know if the non-transferable wording is legally binding?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This sort of thing is never legally binding, but any infringement can be "punished". Club rules are a basic agreement - to be a member, you agree to abide by the rules. Sometimes the giving of a voucher or benefit etc carries an obligation to accept certain terms or conditions.

Jul 9, 2005
Visit site
hi, I am fairly sure that if vouchers are sent back to issuing address they will exchange for next years vouchers.Is there any reason why they would not?

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Every reason why they won't.

The credit card company has changed ownership so the new one won't want the old ones liabilities passed on.

They have been issuing 2008 use by dates for the last couple of months.

It's not unreasonable to expect a use by date to be stuck to, especially if you have had over a year to use them.

The non transferable possibly means transferable for cash.

There were lots of dodgy deals for these vouchers on Ebay.Several sellers appeared to have hundreds for sale, and considering you only get one for every

G

Can you confirm the credit card has changed ownership? I know it was discussed but the Statement I received today still shows the 'old lot'. I have also received no communication that an 'official' handover has taken place, or did I miss it? I personally would welcome a change, because it has proven to be the most difficult Card I have ever used, and have felt on a number of occasions of just cancelling the damm thing. Loyalty to the CC is the only thing that has stopped me. Again this month I tried to buy a washing machine using it. This was no cheap deal, amounting to 1200 pounds, yeah, what a washing machine. Back again came the usual... your bank has declined the transaction. Used my Visa Debit Card and deal done straight away.

I have discovered the main problem is that I live in a flat so my address has 2 lines. many dealers only use 1 line for a street address, so Frizzell don't see what they want to see, and decline. Funnily my other Visa card, with the same address format, has no such problems. Also my Amex has never glitched in 30 years, only the CC card.

So, if the publicised change has gone through, then hopefully my problems will be resolved, because Frizzell are probably, in my opinion, not doing us any favours, even for the vouchers.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Interesting you have had these problems Scotch Lad. I'm not alone then! My house has both a name and a number. Both inherited. As someone who earned a living calling on people at home, I know how frustrating it is to look for houses by name instead of a number. Unfortuneately,some postal databases don't record a number for my house, just a name.Some have both so they appear as two seperate residences. I only discovered what was going on when I started getting threatening letters from the TV licence people claiming that I had no licence for this address. When I changed the address on the web site to include both, their computer, unknown to me had rejected the second line, ie the number , but accepted the change to a house name. I then started getting the same threats to my "other" address. My frustration was compounded by the fact I have paid monthly by direct debit for years. It was tempting to let them go all the way to court because I thought it was outrageous I had to pay to ring them up(0870 number) to save them the expenses. I relented in the end and rang.

The other day I paid for an ebay purchase via Paypal which has the CC credit card as the default payment...and it was rejected for the first line being different from the one I use on the ebay account. What you need to do is see what address is on your statement and use that as your address for payment when it's asked for and it always is if there is a guarentee involved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts