Caravan Design - fit in garage and accessable.

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a caravan that i can store in my garage. Those with a drop roof seem to fit the bill. However, I would like to access the caravan while in the garage but would find it difficult from the side.

So is there a caravan with a drop roof and rear entrance? Seems a logical design for house like mine with a built in garage. I can enter the garage from the rear and so the caravan could act as an office, hobbies den, guest bed room etc.

So far I have found an Australian made caravan with a rear entrance, but not of the drop roof variety to fit into the garage.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
David

If you needed to drop the roof to get the 'van into your garage then you probably wouldn't have the height to open it up again. Therefore it couldn't be used as an office, hobbies den, guest bed room etc. Consequently you probably don't need a rear entry.

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
David

If you needed to drop the roof to get the 'van into your garage then you probably wouldn't have the height to open it up again. Therefore it couldn't be used as an office, hobbies den, guest bed room etc. Consequently you probably don't need a rear entry.
Not true. The height inside is sufficient for a roof to be extended. Generally buit in garages are often quite high.

I have, however, checked the Australian site again and their smallest range which I failed to notice first time has rear entrance vans with a roof that can be raised.

http://www.royalflair.com.au/layouts/minisport.htm
Wonder how much it would cost to bring them half way around the world?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts