Caravan Insurance.....Driving Qualifications.....

May 2, 2005
Visit site
Received my insurance renewal the other day and while checking it, I noticed that one question asked if I had attended a mnoeuvring course or passed a B+E test.

Well, I haven't, but thinking that they may reduce my premium a little, I phoned them up and told them that I have a full clean C+E and C1+E entitlement, so in effect a higher licence entitlement...since 1995

I obviously have B+E on my licence but as I didn't do the course or test....had my licence for 30 yrs or so.....it doesn't count

A small discount was available for the course or B+E, but nothing for the LGV...

So in effect, I would have to go on a course or sit a lesser test to save a couple of quid......

Daft

David

Sep 14, 2008
Visit site
Totally agree, I too have a class 1 LGV licence which I have held for over 20 years.

I find it quite insulting that various companies, the CC included, only recognise their own courses or the B+E test and only offer discounts to people who have taken it.

I'm sure that both of us over the years have reversed far more articulated lorries than even the most experienced caravanner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts