Caravan names

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Maybe they should have used a Spanish or Italian word or phrase for "breaks the bank"! Can't see them selling too many of them at that price and then having to pay for extras that are standard are most top of the range UK caravans. :D

BTW on many occasions when I put a smiley at the end of the post where the cursor is, the smiley goes to top at the beginning of the post??????????

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Alfa Romeo used to have Lusso in their ranges. It was equivalent to the top spec. Perhaps not a good choice by Coachman given that the Alfa bodywork wasn’t exactly long lived.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Nuts aren't they. Bailey are v imaginative with names, at least Discovery has an exploring type focus. Some Europen names esp motor homes really make me cringe too, eg Rollerteam . Mmmm just think of our local roller disco when i were a lad.

Reactions: otherclive
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The van names, at least, translate to something that is descent. Not like one cars direct translation to Spanish, (I think ) :censored::censored::censored:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes Montero for Spain. I met a lady who drove into Potes in hers which was identical to ours. We started a conversation and I showed her some photos of our Pajero and she found the UK name hilarious. Mind you having had some Volvos and been the butt of cow and porcupine jokes from work colleagues having the Pajero was small beer.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The names seem yo be pretty random. It is the Bailey combinations that I wonder about like Unicorn Madid. There is no connection between the two and many do not flow when you say them.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I owned an Ace Ambassador for a good few years.

And we had an Ace Rallyman. So a bit closer to what they may be used for.

One year, a long time ago. We travelled in a convoy of 2. To Prague, Pre mobile phones being the norm, so we used Wilkie talkies. Not great unless you were close to each other. So we needEd ‘handles’. We were Abbey, they were Bessie.

No prizes for guessing the makes of our vans.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts