Caravan rallies?

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I have been reading up on caravan rallies on another forum, and they seem very popular to say the least. Have you been one?. What was it like? Are there any downsides? We are planning on attending one asap, so interested in others experiences.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Phoenixflier,
I have been on over 100 rallies over the years and always found them most enjoyable. We originally started rallying so that the three children had a different group of friends to mix with and the adults we met also shared the same interests as us, such as cycling and walking.
The only downside I can think of, is the fact that sometimes they can take place at the same area/site of the previous year.
We have always found our fellow ralliers friendly and sociable, but other forum members may have different views.
Don't be put off by other peoples experiences, as we all have different opinions.
I sincerely hope you enjoy your first rally and take the plunge on joining your local centre, whether it be CMHC or C & CC
Kind regards,
Martin

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
PHOENIXFLIER said:
I have been reading up on caravan rallies on another forum, and they seem very popular to say the least. Have you been one?. What was it like? Are there any downsides? We are planning on attending one asap, so interested in others experiences.

Thanks for posting. Lots of forum members enjoy rallies, so you should get a useful amount of response.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Apart from rallies there are also Temporary Holiday Sites (THS) with the C&CC, they can be up to 3 weeks. We use rallies for weekends and THS's, for longer stays anywhere from 5 -12 nights and they are good value in some good locations. we often pay around £8 a night. Will be on a THS in Dalby Forest, Yorkshire this weekend for 5 nights

York last July. 12 nights

28420381771_6440b3a348_z.jpg

Carsington Water, Derbyshire. 5 nights

29007069525_32bb15ac03_z.jpg

York again this Easter for 5 nights.

33456271384_9c0a1f8d24_z.jpg

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Recently back from a new year’s rally. Barn dance one night, 60’s and 70’s evenings on another and then a best dress do on new year’s eve. Breakfast provided most days, one evening meal and a brunch. Equally in November we had 2 nights in a field but with company. These are the two ends of the rally spectrum, give it a go. Go a few times to get to know people. With most rallies you choose what to join in but you should go to the opening and closing meetings, check if you need a mug.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts