Caravan service

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Just what are we paying for as responsible caravaners we have our caravan serviced on an annual basis before setting out on the season, hoping for trouble free fun. As usual we instructed a "service engineer" to service our van. WE paid and expected to recieve the sticker that we normally get to prove the year of service, but were told he didn't have any at the moment but he would put it in the post in a few days. When this didn't arrive and our departure date arrived we phoned him several times just to be fobed off with same excuse so off we went with the promise that it would be posted for when we got back. Upon arriving on site we found the bathroom tap did not work, the hot water tank would not fill up as upon inspection we found the connecting hose had dislodged JUST WHAT HAD WE PAID FOR>and guess what when we got back NO STICKER. Are we allowed to warm other trusting inocents or would we be sued? He was supposed to be a registered caravan service mechanic where do we stand. He operates in Kent near to Staplehurst. Dummies.(thats us}

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Yaser

I store my van in Lindridge Lane and was looking at local "engineers" for future service work. If you don't want to pass this guy's (bad) name on perhaps you could give me a clue, initials and STD code would do so I know not to use him.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the service organisation claim to be a member of the CC/NCC Approved workshop scheme - they issue stickes with a tick mark - then complain to those organisations and or to the third party quality assurance company (Deming-Jones, from memory).

Also, contact your local Trading Standards who are usually keen on car service matters but may need a bit of guidance for caravans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the service organisation claim to be a member of the CC/NCC Approved workshop scheme - they issue stickes with a tick mark - then complain to those organisations and or to the third party quality assurance company (Deming-Jones, from memory).

Also, contact your local Trading Standards who are usually keen on car service matters but may need a bit of guidance for caravans.
Hello Ray,

Its Jones Venning, and whilst they may note any complaints against a company they audit, they are not obliged to act on it or to modify their assessment.

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site

At last today I recieved my sticker to certify that my caravan had been serviced 2008, however it was not from the "engineer" but from the awarding body itself, I found them to be very helpful but unable to rectify my original problem with the poor standard of service I recieved from a certain" "N Billyboy" of West Sussex.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts