Caravan sites and other advertising.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It seems the latest PCv mag has taken a turn towards novices. This is a good thing I believe . We all had to start somewhere so we’ll done to the Editorial Team.
Maybe it is a sign of the times but I have noticed three things:
1. Only 1 1/2 pages of sites advertising.

2. Andy Jenkinson is struggling to find any decent used caravans. ( Signs of the times)

3. The general advertising is minimal, no surprise.

As Covid -19 Lockdown withdraws do you guys envisage any major changes before say Summer 2022🤔🤔🤔🤔
Apologies now, just being provocative in my boredom today🤪🤪🤪

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It seems the latest PCv mag has taken a turn towards novices. This is a good thing I believe . We all had to start somewhere so we’ll done to the Editorial Team.
Maybe it is a sign of the times but I have noticed three things:
1. Only 1 1/2 pages of sites advertising.

2. Andy Jenkinson is struggling to find any decent used caravans. ( Signs of the times)

3. The general advertising is minimal, no surprise.

As Covid -19 Lockdown withdraws do you guys envisage any major changes before say Summer 2022🤔🤔🤔🤔
Apologies now, just being provocative in my boredom today🤪🤪🤪

We aren't envisaging a great deal of change until spring time next year. If the flu and general winter bug season hits along with a further (hopefully not too severe) increase in Covid it looks like more of the same. Whether its by law, business rules or self responsibility. Spontaneity is out for sometime yet. Our holiday plans are vested very much in the remaining days of the dogs. Holidays in UK, or abroad may be solo affairs (not Health minister ones) or going solo with the kids.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
We're not planning much at the moment, it seems clear that there's about to be another wave - in fact according to something I read this morning, the relaxation of rules now seems to be aimed at making the wave happen now rather than in the autumn / winter when the NHS comes under regular winter pressures.

We were hoping for a cruise next year (to replace the one that should have been last July, which should have been Gozza Junior's post A level celebration) but for family reasons that's now unlikely to happen.

From a caravanning point of view, as I've posted elsewhere our current van has damp damage that would cost significantly more than the value of the caravan to put right, so we're living with it as long as we can, but we really need the used caravan sector to be getting some stock in this year or next year! If need be I'd rather go a year without a caravan, than buy in desperation before decent 'vans start coming back on the market. On the basis of how long I normally keep a caravan this next one is likely to be the last one I buy, so I want it to be "everything we want" rather than a "make do for a year or so" :-(

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid the current magazine articles are probably inevitable. The lock down made it difficult to review new models and with the 2022 ones due out soon testing the current ones which are largely sold out is probably not a lot of use.
There are a lot of newcomers in this sector so helping them is possibly good assuming they buy the magazine but it is probably reducing the sale of the magazine to those of us who have been around for some time. Hopefully articles for us will be back soon though.
I assume with money tight many sites have cut back on advertising and once they could open the high numbers wanting to book has meant that now there is little point as they are near full for the immediate future.
Possibly publishing details of the better second hand models on the market is a bit pointless as they will be gone before the magazine arrives. Looking at what to look for on the different models does help but in the end most of the recommendations apply to most caravans.
I am hoping things will improve now and look forward to details of what is coming next year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts