Caravan sites near Alba Italy

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
HI, I am planning a trip to Alba Italy in our caravan to visit our daughter. I am experiencing finding a suitable caravan site very difficult compared to that of France. In France we hardly ever book onto a site until we are in an area where we want to stop and you are spoilt for choice. It seems, from the information I have found to date that Italy seems quite different. Websites are just throwing up large expensive sites. The Caravan Club Vol 2 Europe book only has one site in Alba itself which is 28 .50 euros per night. We prefer CL type sites or what are Municiple sites in France. Has anyone got experience of staying in this area ? Can you suggest where we can find the type of information we require ?

Thank you
Ray

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks David, I had tried this site previously without much luck. I have since had a reply from the Tourist Information people in Alba with some farm sites nearby Alba. Some have websites , others emails so I am contacting those for now. I would still apreciate any more information on smaller less expensive sites in that area if anyone knows of any.Apparently , there are only three proper caravan / campsites in the area and only one close to Alba and that is not cheap and has all the trimmings which we do not require.
Ray

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
www.camping.it/

look uder the section for piemonte, i believe Alba itself comes under the region of cumeo, unfortunately you are not likely to find anything to compair with france or cl's. piemonte is one of the most prosperous areas of Italy, and with that come the price.

good hunting

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Jonny, I have covered that without alot of success I am afraid. I have not had responses yet from emails sent to small farm sites, that may be because they can't read English ! I am hoping my daughter can use her work contacts to advise. She has only been out there two weeks and doesn't speak Italian either.
Ray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts