Caravan Talk Forum

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
For reasons totally unknown ... Since 2 weeks ago CT2 would not let me log-on. No amount of trying has succeeded, and my e-mail address is "unrecognised", so the "forgot password" (which I haven't) link fails as well. Not such a calamity you might think .. just use the link to send an e-mail to "admin" and ask them to sort it .... So whay after 4 emails in 2 weeks have I not even had the courtesy of an acknowledgement .. let alone a reply ?? I've not been told I'm "banned" and my previous posts are there without any adverse comments.

All I can assume is, just like the matter of Swift Group membership ... is they simply don't care .. they still list me as a member .. one of several thousand now who don't/can't use the site.

Guess it's time to find a new "caravanning home" :( PC will still be a major "read" but it's not like a "full time" forum to me .. :(

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
You don't by any chance own a Swift caravan do you Nigel. It could be they found out and are covertly inducing you to migrate to the new Swift Talk forum. I left CT2 of my own accord months ago, they haven't missed me and I don' miss them.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There may be a number of reasons why you can't log on to Caravan Talk Nigel but I'm afraid that this is not the best or most appropriate place to discuss the membership policies or operating procedures of another caravan forum. Posts of this nature are in breach of Forum Etiquette Rule 3 which states

'You may not transmit material that discloses personal matters concerning any person or that is defamatory.

Your post has been allowed to remain on the forum for the time being in case there is a glitch with the CT2 system and a moderator of that forum might notice your post.

Further derogatory comments about other forums will be removed.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Nigel - have you tried simply re-registering with Caravan Talk. If your email address isn't recognised then you should be able to set up a new account with exactly the same details as your old one, including your chosen user name.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel

What is your CT2 user name? As a Mod on CT2, I am not aware of any membership being closed and in any case that would never happen without some discussion with the member concerned and there is always a period when post from such members are moderated and again the member concerned would be aware of this. As none of these things seem to apply there must be another reason and if you can post here by a reasonable time tonight I am happy to check the situation for you.

David

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Nigel

What is your CT2 user name? As a Mod on CT2, I am not aware of any membership being closed and in any case that would never happen without some discussion with the member concerned and there is always a period when post from such members are moderated and again the member concerned would be aware of this. As none of these things seem to apply there must be another reason and if you can post here by a reasonable time tonight I am happy to check the situation for you.

David
Hi .. user name is Entwood and a number of e-mails have been sent to admin asking for this to be sorted

thanks .:)

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Parksy .. I apologise if you think I've broken any rules .. but I honestly fail to see any "personal details" or "defamatory remarks" in what I posted.

Yes, I moaned about another forum .. just like many members moan about dealers, manufacturers, dog owners, drivers, etc etc etc, but if I can't get on to the site, and they don't answer e-mails .. pray tell .. what else do I do ... ??

The post has already had a reply from a moderator ... :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel

I have sent you a PM from CT2 but just in case you don't get that I can confirm that your user name is still valid and I have asked Admin to look into it for you and to contact you direct.

David

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Nigel

I have sent you a PM from CT2 but just in case you don't get that I can confirm that your user name is still valid and I have asked Admin to look into it for you and to contact you direct.

David
Many thanks .. can't log in to read PM's obviously .. but with luck Admins will find the e-mails ..

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nigel

If the rules had been strictly applied I suppose that I could argue that having a moan about another forum breaches them because speculating on this forum about the admin of another forum simply not caring could be construed as being slightly derogatory towards them.

I left your post on however but added a warning not so much because of any infringement on your part but to forestall any possible avalanche of criticism from our members of the other forum as can sometimes happen.

I regard it as common courtesy not to allow this to happen when the true facts are not known where other forums, their admins or moderators are concerned.

I'm not a full time moderator I'm just an unpaid volunteer and might easily have looked next time at several posts containing unfounded criticism so I applied the old adage "A stitch in time....."

I hope that the problem is sorted out soon.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If PC Admin will allow can I post this update for Nigel. There appears to be a problem with the way e-mails to the admin adress are handled by the system so admin members can be unaware that there are outstanding messages. This is in the process of being fixed so hopefully you have already heard something or will do shortly. If you don't hear within the next few days would you be kind enought to let me know.

David

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
If PC Admin will allow can I post this update for Nigel. There appears to be a problem with the way e-mails to the admin adress are handled by the system so admin members can be unaware that there are outstanding messages. This is in the process of being fixed so hopefully you have already heard something or will do shortly. If you don't hear within the next few days would you be kind enought to let me know.

David
Thanks for that .. nothing as yet .. but I'll give it a few days ..

Thanks for your help .. :)

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
How much does the OP pay to be on that, or any, forum? Oh, right, NOTHING - how can you complain so bitterly about a FREE service that has no obligation to you whatsoever?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, another message for Nigel. I have been in contact with Admin and it seems the contact issue is more difficult to resolve than first thought. The suggestion is the you rejoin the forum with a different user name and in time they may be able to merge new and old accunts.

David

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
OKies .. many thanks for all your help .. I'll try that .. and if I get on I'll PM you from within the site . :)

Appreciate the help and the forbearance of the Mods here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts