Caravan vacums

Nov 16, 2015
10,933
3,222
40,935
Visit site
I would like to ask a question, we are not over the top spotless in the caravan but when away for more than 4 days, used to take a small vacuum cleaner with us, but after , down weighteing?! The old. one was 5 kg, we need a more modern one say less than 3 kg. To clean up dog hair and grass bits. Thoughts please.
Hutch.
 
Nov 11, 2009
21,189
6,713
50,935
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I would like to ask a question, we are not over the top spotless in the caravan but when away for more than 4 days, used to take a small vacuum cleaner with us, but after , down weighteing?! The old. one was 5 kg, we need a more modern one say less than 3 kg. To clean up dog hair and grass bits. Thoughts please.
Hutch.

We use. a Hoover Jovis 18v lithium. It’s good for general tidying and quick de-hairing but nowhere does it match a full blown Dyson but it does help HWMBO feel she’s on top of things. Me I’m a natural grungie. Might add that the full Dyson doesn’t travel with us.
 
Jul 18, 2017
368
34
18,685
Visit site
Hi Hutch,couple of years ago we bought the g-tech air ram and handheld bit as a bundle,the handheld bit is great for in caravan,cheers.
 
Sep 29, 2016
1,808
220
19,935
Visit site
The little 12v one I bought from Lidl or Aldi does a decent job, it won't be as good as the one you linked to Hutch, but it takes up little space.
 
Oct 8, 2006
1,826
574
19,935
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
Dodger524 said:
I brought a refurnished Dyson V6 Animal from Dyson. It is so good that I brought another to use at home.
We have a slightly later Dyson Animal and are very happy with it.

I am the vacuumist in this house and have always preferred an upright. SWMBO opted to get a Dyson V8 - and sadly I have to admit I would now never use anything else, it is brilliant!!!
 
Nov 11, 2009
21,189
6,713
50,935
Visit site
Woodentop said:
Niall_McIntosh said:
Dodger524 said:
I brought a refurnished Dyson V6 Animal from Dyson. It is so good that I brought another to use at home.
We have a slightly later Dyson Animal and are very happy with it.

I am the vacuumist in this house and have always preferred an upright. SWMBO opted to get a Dyson V8 - and sadly I have to admit I would now never use anything else, it is brilliant!!!

We still have an original Dyson upright which is a heavy old beast but it still picks up dog hairs and their detritus very well. Are the newer lighter ones as effective at cleaning as the old ones?Our two spaniels are bad weather mud magnets. I have tried to persuade my wife that it could be so much easier for her but without success so far, and I am desperate to think of what to get her for Christmas 2018!

Heads down await incoming. :whistle:
 
Mar 24, 2014
372
82
18,735
Visit site
"I am desperate to think of what to get her for Christmas 2018!" You're a braver man than me! Should you wish to go down this route, it might be worth keeping an eye on the Dyson Outlet on eBay. They often have good savings on Refurbished items (with full guarantee) and, if you're lucky, you might be able to make use of one of the regular eBay savings coupons; I got 20% off mine. :p
 
Nov 11, 2009
21,189
6,713
50,935
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
"I am desperate to think of what to get her for Christmas 2018!" You're a braver man than me! Should you wish to go down this route, it might be worth keeping an eye on the Dyson Outlet on eBay. They often have good savings on Refurbished items (with full guarantee) and, if you're lucky, you might be able to make use of one of the regular eBay savings coupons; I got 20% off mine. :p

Thank you it would complement the nice ironing board that I bought a while back!
 
Jun 20, 2005
17,817
3,864
50,935
Visit site
Had one of the original hand held Dyson’s for 10 years.
Now carry and use the superb V6 Dyson. 20 minutes+ use and a roller brush that collects all dirt and dog hairs. :cheer:
 
May 24, 2014
3,687
765
20,935
Visit site
Thoughts please.

Hutch, my thoughts are that if the ladies of the caravanning fraternity consider emptying the cassette strictly a male preserve, I consider that hoovering isnt our job, so why worry B)

Lets be honest here
In most cases we do the towing
We wash and polish the caravan
We pitch the caravan and level it
We get the water and empty the grey
We do the repairs, running or otherwise
We do most of the physical in putting up the awning and pegging out
We empty the cassette, deal with the blue and pink
Change the gas when needed
and usually, do most of the cooking on the cadac

HOOVER too, no sir, not my job.
 
Nov 16, 2015
10,933
3,222
40,935
Visit site
Ah Thingy , I didn't say I was doing the Vacuming up, I just want the lightest one thats a good one for the boss to use. Leaving us with more payload for essentials like another few bottles of plonk. The one I mentioned comes in at 1.5 kgs.
 
Nov 11, 2009
21,189
6,713
50,935
Visit site
Thingy said:
Thoughts please.

Hutch, my thoughts are that if the ladies of the caravanning fraternity consider emptying the cassette strictly a male preserve, I consider that hoovering isnt our job, so why worry B)

Lets be honest here
In most cases we do the towing
We wash and polish the caravan
We pitch the caravan and level it
We get the water and empty the grey
We do the repairs, running or otherwise
We do most of the physical in putting up the awning and pegging out
We empty the cassette, deal with the blue and pink
Change the gas when needed
and usually, do most of the cooking on the cadac

HOOVER too, no sir, not my job.

Arrived in Brecon yesterday thought we might steal 4 nights away. No such luck so may be packing up today. But I saw another half’ going to empty cassette. Welsh women made of stern stuff.

Dive, dive :)
 
Nov 16, 2015
10,933
3,222
40,935
Visit site
Ordered the Duronic v8, 30 day return. So see how it goes, anyone want to "rent" a dustpan and brush for 30 days. :cheer:
 
Nov 16, 2015
10,933
3,222
40,935
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
Coincidentally, the new Practical Caravan magazine arrived this morning with a Test bench article on Compact Vacuum Cleaners.

Typical, oh well bought the Duronic V8 unit, it arrived Friday, has wonderfull suction, It will clean the caravan floor and seats a treat. Small and lightweight 1.8 kg.
 
Oct 12, 2013
3,037
4
0
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
https://www.duronic.com/compare/3063/5401/3062
Looking at this one, or similar, anyone had one to help me.
Thanks

Thats the same as what we have got , it comes apart in quite a few bits so it easy storage at the back under bairns bunks and you don't even know it's there or leave the dog at home ;)
 
Nov 11, 2009
21,189
6,713
50,935
Visit site
The Duronics look very good for the price but apart from one having Hepa+ I’m having some difficulty discerning the differences on the three models with such a narrow price difference.
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts