Caravan Valuation

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys help please...where is the best place to get a free genuine caravan value..Lunar Delta 2008 SB.. many thanks

The CMHC insurance wing will advise on value for insurance purposes if you ask for a quote. The other way is lol what’s happening on eBay, Caravans for Sale, Autotrader etc. This will give an insight of trade prices and private prices. You could then deduct a value for negotiated reduction.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just been looking at Autotrader someone has got one up for sale
2008 Lunar Delta Sb for £7,000
Also look on the ones below
Preloved, Gumtree, Caravanfinder,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The only published price guide is Glass's guide but this is only available to the trade but even that would not go back to 2008. At that age condition becomes very important as it can vary enormously between models. Assuming it is in good condition with no damp £7,000 does look a reasonable average though. I would look more at dealers figures to get a top end figure but Autotrader should also be worth a look. Private adds and e bay are less reliable though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's also important to realise that you may see the condition of your caravan rather differently to how a buyer might describe it.

There have been several reports on the forum on how a dealer may have offered a figure unseen and subject to inspection, for a PX, but when the customer has brought it in to do the deal, the dealer finds things that reduce its value considerably.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The only published price guide is Glass's guide but this is only available to the trade but even that would not go back to 2008. At that age condition becomes very important as it can vary enormously between models. Assuming it is in good condition with no damp £7,000 does look a reasonable average though. I would look more at dealers figures to get a top end figure but Autotrader should also be worth a look. Private adds and e bay are less reliable though.
Actually that Lunar Delta is on Autotrader price at £7,000
Also i have Sold one of my caravans on preloved and it went for a good price

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the caravan was in Autotrader just not clear in my post.
Personally I am very wary of the web sites as there are a lot of rogues out there, if they are not very wary purchasers can be taken for a ride.
The false entries will also lower the average for those trying to see what the price should be.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Many traders use Autotrader, Ebay, Caravans for Sale and Caravanfinder. You can usually see a link to their main website with telephone numbers, address etc. google earth will show you its location etc. Its not difficult to identify the genuine ones, but even here I would not pass any money over even as a returnable holding deposit without seeing the caravan. They may go into Administration, or liquidation whilst holding your deposit. It's not as if there's shortage of caravans for sale at the moment, and it won't change in the foreseeable future.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If buying from a trader you can pay a deposit by credit card for protection. I agree though I would not pay one until I had seen the caravan.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually when we Sold one of our Caravans the buyer came through to Storage Site had a look and paid us a Deposit in cash and rest few days later when he pick it up ..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts