Caravans under 2.3 meters high? Do they exist?

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm looking for a second hand caravan that will fit in my garage which has 2.3 meters clearance - I'm having a tough time finding one in my price range (up to £1000)

We can't afford a pop-up caravan or the teardrop. We just want a standard caravan which is a bit lower than the usual 2.5 meters

Am I out of luck? Do they exist?

Also, I've been looking for a list of caravan models with their height dimensions, either in book form or web. If you know where I could get a list like this please let me know

OK. Thanks in advance for your help,

Andy

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Most caravans are higher than 2.3m and awnings are manufactured for that height. Removing the status aerial altogether may reduce the height to the required 2.3m. Additionally you could think of letting the tyres down slightly to get it into the garage however length may then be a problem. Any particulair reason why you want to garage it?.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Most caravans are about 2.6 m but this should include the Status arial. Taking this off should get you down to about 2.3m but it would probably be very tight. I would check the hight of the arial and then a copy of PC as the height is shown in there for each model.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Barefoot_Wanderer said:
Hi I'm looking for a second hand caravan that will fit in my garage which has 2.3 meters clearance - I'm having a tough time finding one in my price range (up to £1000)

We can't afford a pop-up caravan or the teardrop. We just want a standard caravan which is a bit lower than the usual 2.5 meters

Am I out of luck? Do they exist?

Also, I've been looking for a list of caravan models with their height dimensions, either in book form or web. If you know where I could get a list like this please let me know

OK. Thanks in advance for your help,

Andy
hi Andy, how big is your garage!! and how is it constructed!!
the reason I ask is I keep the van in my garage but it was built for a m/home and constructed to suit, before you even consider a van you need to know the exact dimensions, the average garage is 16ftx8ft (imperial) with 7ft doors, even a small van 380/400 ish will have a shipped length of some 5.75mtrs (18ft) and be 2.6mtrs (9ft 6in high) so unless it is a very big one a van won't fit,
there are ways of modifying the doors if the internal height is enough though. but that depends on the construction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts