Carpets For 2010 Elddis Crusader Tempest 6

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a 2010 Elddis Crusader Tempest 6 and it is coming without any carpets.

Does anyway have a set of carpets for sale for this caravan or can you recommend I company that I could contact to purchase a set?

Many thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, I can only recommend ebay or Gumtree, I tend to remove our carpets from the van and buy an off cut big enough to floor the caravan complete. Two sets of carpets for a Coachman 560, for £90.

Hutch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We always put the caravan carpets in the loft for when we sell it. Our caravan has a nice soft vinyl wood effect flooring and we then use a number of machine washable mats which are easy to shake out on site and then put in the washing machine when back at home. There are lots of different types with a wide range of colours. For the caravan and house we have tended to use Dirt Traper, Hug Rug, or Turtle Master as their quality is always good.

If you want conventional carpet i am sure that a carpet fitter would fit you an offcut and then section it into two or three pieces. It's not expensive then to get the edges bound to stop fraying.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Make cardboard templates for what you need, remembering that caravan carpets are usually in four of five sections. Clearly mark TOP on each section. Then visit your local carpet shop and look at their selection of ends of rolls. By positioning the templates carefully you may be able to get away with meter of 4 meter wide carpet - foam back is you like it, have the edges bound (whipped) if you prefer. Make sure your supplier knows that TOP means the side you can ee and walk on or you may have the right shape but mirror image carpets which won't be any good.
This will be much more economic than getting replacement carpets from the caravan maker.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
RayS said:
Make cardboard templates for what you need, remembering that caravan carpets are usually in four of five sections. Clearly mark TOP on each section. Then visit your local carpet shop and look at their selection of ends of rolls. By positioning the templates carefully you may be able to get away with meter of 4 meter wide carpet - foam back is you like it, have the edges bound (whipped) if you prefer. Make sure your supplier knows that TOP means the side you can ee and walk on or you may have the right shape but mirror image carpets which won't be any good.
This will be much more economic than getting replacement carpets from the caravan maker.

Just to add to this, mark the template with FRONT on the edge that faces the front window so that when you lay them out, the pile or nap of the carpet all ends up in the same direction.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
We always put the caravan carpets in the loft for when we sell it. Our caravan has a nice soft vinyl wood effect flooring and we then use a number of machine washable mats which are easy to shake out on site and then put in the washing machine when back at home. There are lots of different types with a wide range of colours. For the caravan and house we have tended to use Dirt Traper, Hug Rug, or Turtle Master as their quality is always good.

If you want conventional carpet i am sure that a carpet fitter would fit you an offcut and then section it into two or three pieces. It's not expensive then to get the edges bound to stop fraying.

OC, check up how much getting carpet edges bound , I thought of it . For a whole van its expensive,

Best go to a caravan reclaimers. Or as I do , fully fit carpet though out , dirt doesn't get under neath, after winter, bring it out and wash or throw away and refit another. Done it to all our caravans. When selling , brand new immaculate carpets, helps a lot. And of course, dealear state non smokers and no pets, "Ever.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:

OC, check up how much getting carpet edges bound , I thought of it . For a whole van its expensive,

Best go to a caravan reclaimers. Or as I do , fully fit carpet though out , dirt doesn't get under neath, after winter, bring it out and wash or throw away and refit another. Done it to all our caravans. When selling , brand new immaculate carpets, helps a lot. And of course, dealear state non smokers and no pets, "Ever.

Hutch
£2.40 per linear meter for whipping for a carpet under 6m2 well within the range of a Coachman owner methinks :evil:

We don't like all over deep pile carpets as they attract dirt and with two spaniels its better for us to have washable rug/mats that are far easier to shake out and brush when on site. Had some carpets bound for our lounge didn't strike me as astronomical and if you get suitable quality they will last much more than a season unless I were to stomp around in muddy wellies.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:

Hutch
£2.40 per linear meter for whipping for a carpet under 6m2 well within the range of a Coachman owner methinks :evil:

We don't like all over deep pile carpets as they attract dirt and with two spaniels its better for us to have washable rug/mats that are far easier to shake out and brush when on site. Had some carpets bound for our lounge didn't strike me as astronomical and if you get suitable quality they will last much more than a season unless I were to stomp around in muddy wellies.

Our fitted carpets work well Two dogs ! Myself and Mrs H are not fully strict, to remove our boots for the van. I fully fitted ours, No carpet grips. have done all our caravans, justa big suction cleaner , on the floor.. its great, I would not likee sepaterte carpets/ rugs as Original.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts