Carver 3000s

Jan 19, 2021
Visit site
Hi all
I’ve recently bought an Abbey GTS 416, it has an old carver 3000s gas heater. It works but the burner unit is on its last legs (the seller was quite honest and said he’d had a gas engineer look at it), I was wondering if it’s an easy swap for a truma s3004? Can I use the existing flue or does that need replacing as well?
many thanks
Alex

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Alex,

Welcome to the forum.

It should be possible with the minimum of adaption to replace the Carver 3000 with the Truma. Depending on the condition of the floor, it might need to be covered with an aluminium plate to provide adequate fixing security.

Bearing in mind the Carver and its flue will be at least 20 years old I think it would be foolish to try and use the old flue. replace with all new - not only for safety but for and problems in future where warranty on the new heater might be called into question.

Again for safety it is wisest to have the new heater fitted by a professional who will have all the required equipment to be able to check the new installation complies with current regulations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts