Cascade 2 Hot Water

Jul 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi

Firing up the water heater on my 1991 Swift Kontiki for the first time since taking ownership. The previous owners have drained down the system for the winter.

I can’t get the water to come through the hot tap. Cold is flowing ok. The heater is off, and when I turn the hot tap on the pump starts whirring but nothing comes through. Initially water came out of the drain as the plug wasn’t in tight so it seems to be getting to the heater area. I can’t help thinking I have missed something- a tap or a switch somewhere. The manual refers to a safety switch, but I can’t locate anything.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Pete

Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
Pete
I remember having a Cascade on a previous caravan. After long periods of drain down it could be a bit difficult to get the water flowing and sometimes you had to drain and refill the system several times. Have you tried heating the water? Sometimes hot water helps get rid of the air locks in the system. If it only gets luke warm you still have air locks. RE the safety switch. That is more to do with heating the water on 230v and is a safety cut out switch. It is located on the inside end of the boiler under a swing cover held in place with a screw. Release the screw and you will have access to the cut off button, just push in to reset.

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts