Castel Camping Caravaning Esterel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello all

Any comments good or bad regarding this site would be appreciated.

Hope to visit the area in late July ( I anticipate that it will be very busy!!)

Many thanks

Fran

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Went there year before last, good site mostly shaded, level pitches that vary in size, they allocate pitches but will change it if you dont like the one allocated. The site is set in the colour full Esterel mountains. Used by all nationalities, good english spoken at reception and the bar,pool area, bar, resturant and take away all good. There is usually lve entertanment at least 2 of the week end days. If you are there for 'Bastille day' there is good entertainment including fire works at all the local towns including St Tropez, but get there early as it fills up. The site is in a good posiyion for visiting St Tropez, Cannes, Nice and Monaco, The only down side is traffic into and out of St Tropez

The only down side is trafic areound St Tropez. If you go to Monte carlo take the cast road some of the views are terrific.

Hope that this is helpful

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. Will take your advice about the coast road when we check out Monte Carlo.Expected it to be fairly busy because of where it is so obviously we wont be disappointed with that aspect.

Thanks,

Fran

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Fran I stopped just along the road from this site for a swim last week and lunch. We have had a few trips to the site, the last 2 years ago.

If I had to stay on a site for the rest of my days, I would choose this one from the many I have been to.

We have always had a pleasant wellcome, the site is terraced and they will park the van if you think it a little tight to get it into place.

They did not take card payments and you had to pay on arrival when we've been, but this may have changed now.

The pool complex is not huge, but always immacualate with plenty of things to do. They teach scuba diving there as well! The restaurant is good and the made as you wait oven baked pizza and takeaway a joy each time we've visited!

Most of the night time entertainment has been of very high quality, a number of times we have abandoned evening out for the quality perfomers on the site.

Families of wild Boar come to visit the site most evenings and hope that somebody will feed them. As dusk approaches you will see caravanners heading for the site fences to see the Boar families and their babies (very sweet)!

The road to Monaco is fantastic and near Nice look up on the hill for the famous designers "dome" house.(maybe Dior, I think?)

The inland roads through the hills are spectacular with some wondeful views and homes. Grasse and the perfume factories is a good trip and there is summer fair there in August that is well worth a visit and you can smell the lavender as you approach!

I have to say we have never got to StTropez as we have abandoned every trip due to the August traffic! It is a very busy area, and expect people to park in ANY gap or space you can shoe horn a vehicle into!

If you feel rich try gettng lunch at the Cap du Eden Roc hotel at Antibes - http://www.edenroc-hotel.fr/ the hotel web site gives some good poto's of what the coast and area is like.

Visiting Antibes, Cannes, Nice or Monaco. Just park and as soon as you can and walk if you travel in by car!

We did a glass bottom boat trip to Millionaires bay at Antibes some years ago and I nearly missed the trip as the only place I could find to park was about 40 minutes fast walk from the port!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Fran I stopped just along the road from this site for a swim last week and lunch. We have had a few trips to the site, the last 2 years ago.

If I had to stay on a site for the rest of my days, I would choose this one from the many I have been to.

We have always had a pleasant wellcome, the site is terraced and they will park the van if you think it a little tight to get it into place.

They did not take card payments and you had to pay on arrival when we've been, but this may have changed now.

The pool complex is not huge, but always immacualate with plenty of things to do. They teach scuba diving there as well! The restaurant is good and the made as you wait oven baked pizza and takeaway a joy each time we've visited!

Most of the night time entertainment has been of very high quality, a number of times we have abandoned evening out for the quality perfomers on the site.

Families of wild Boar come to visit the site most evenings and hope that somebody will feed them. As dusk approaches you will see caravanners heading for the site fences to see the Boar families and their babies (very sweet)!

The road to Monaco is fantastic and near Nice look up on the hill for the famous designers "dome" house.(maybe Dior, I think?)

The inland roads through the hills are spectacular with some wondeful views and homes. Grasse and the perfume factories is a good trip and there is summer fair there in August that is well worth a visit and you can smell the lavender as you approach!

I have to say we have never got to StTropez as we have abandoned every trip due to the August traffic! It is a very busy area, and expect people to park in ANY gap or space you can shoe horn a vehicle into!

If you feel rich try gettng lunch at the Cap du Eden Roc hotel at Antibes - http://www.edenroc-hotel.fr/ the hotel web site gives some good poto's of what the coast and area is like.

Visiting Antibes, Cannes, Nice or Monaco. Just park and as soon as you can and walk if you travel in by car!

We did a glass bottom boat trip to Millionaires bay at Antibes some years ago and I nearly missed the trip as the only place I could find to park was about 40 minutes fast walk from the port!
Cris,

Many thanks for the detailed reply. It is making me wish I was there now!

Fran

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts