Chatsworth Park CC Site

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

We have booked to stay at Chatsworth Park for 4 nights over the New Year and wanted to know of anybody that has stayed there over the Christmas/New Year period. Or, if anyone can give me any advice on the site in general. Thank you

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Probably not what you're asking Sam but don't arrive before the time advised in the handbook. It's a narrow access lane and I've seen one warden make an early arrival turn around and go back out until the correct time. This was about 11am.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Sam,

I have stayed at Chatsworth for Christmas and New Year on 2 occassions and are going this Christmas for the 2 week period.

We were there for 3 weeks in February this year in the snow--woderfull.

Do not arrive before the stated time otherwise quite rightly you will be turned away. There is a good reason for this.

It is without question our favourite site over the Christmas period. We used to live not far away.

On arrival at the site you will be given a Yale key to a door in the wall at the back of the site. This door leads straight into the park and you are about 300 yards from the House.

An important point to remember is that Chatsworth can suffer from very low temps in winter. Twice we have had good snowfalls with temps well below freezing. On 2 occassions the temp at night was down to -9C. and did not rise above freezing during the day for 3 days. This just adds to glorious Chatsworth in winter.Make sure you have a cover for your aquaroll if you don't have an inboard tank. Once night falls the site is like Santas Grotto with all the fairy lights etc. The loo block is state of the art with plenty of showers. The electric supply has been upgraded and you can connect to the bollard for television, so bring a 25 metre co-axial cable.

There are two good pubs serving food all day within a 10 minute walk through the park at Baslpw.

When walking in the park you will see the two herds of dear.

Dogs must be kept on leads at all times in the park due to the estate animals.

There is an excellent estate farm shop about 2 miles from the site.

I am sure you will have a really good time. Look out for a Shogun and a Swift Conqueror 655.

Hamer

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Sam,

I have stayed at Chatsworth for Christmas and New Year on 2 occassions and are going this Christmas for the 2 week period.

Do not arrive before the stated time otherwise quite rightly you will be turned away. There is a good reason for this.

It is without question our favourite site over the Christmas period. We used to live not far away.

On arrival at the site you will be given a Yale key to a door in the wall at the back of the site. This door leads straight into the park and you are about 300 yards from the House.

An important point to remember is that Chatsworth can suffer from very low temps in winter. Twice we have had good snowfalls with temps well below freezing. On 2 occassions the temp at night was down to -9C. and did not rise above freezing during the day for 3 days. This just adds to glorious Chatsworth in winter.Make sure you have a cover for your aquaroll if you don't have an inboard tank. Once night falls the site is like Santas Grotto with all the fairy lights etc. The loo block is state of the art with plenty of showers. The electric supply has been upgraded and you can connect to the bollard for television, so bring a 25 metre co-axial cable.

There are two good pubs serving food all day within a 10 minute walk through the park at Baslpw.

I am sure you will have a really good time. Look out for a Shogun and a Swift Conqueror 655.

Hamer
Sorry about spelling mistakes.

Hamer

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
We live about 18 miles from Chatsworth and can recommend what Hammer said, can also recommend the farm shop as up until recently we used to slaughter the Duchess beef and lamb in the old traditional manner, that was until this government introduced extra charges which made it not viable to do any more.

Baslow is lovely place to visit so is Bakewell which has a brilliant farm market every 2 weeks on a Wednesday maybe every week not sure.

The house and gardens are out of this world especially the fountain that works by head pressure from the lake some way above the house, l think the gardens were designed by Capability Brown not sure.

NigelH

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Sam,

Hamer
Hi

Thank you for all your advice, I really appreciate it.

I am really looking forward to going even more now after your comments. Will definitely look out for you, we own an Adria Altea 542DT with the triple windows so please say hello if you see us to.

kind regards

Sam

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
We live about 18 miles from Chatsworth and can recommend what Hammer said, can also recommend the farm shop as up until recently we used to slaughter the Duchess beef and lamb in the old traditional manner, that was until this government introduced extra charges which made it not viable to do any more.

Baslow is lovely place to visit so is Bakewell which has a brilliant farm market every 2 weeks on a Wednesday maybe every week not sure.

The house and gardens are out of this world especially the fountain that works by head pressure from the lake some way above the house, l think the gardens were designed by Capability Brown not sure.

NigelH
Thank you for your comments.

Sam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts