Cheap diesel

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I’m currently in my caravan up in Northumberland near Alnwick. We found a Shell station in Thropton where the Fuel Save Diesel was 143p and the V-Power 165p. Shell at home in Staffordshire was 171p and 186p respectively. So, I’ve given my Sorento a treat. Somebody is extracting the urine with their pricing methinks.

Reactions: Hutch and Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m currently in my caravan up in Northumberland near Alnwick. We found a Shell station in Thropton where the Fuel Save Diesel was 143p and the V-Power 165p. Shell at home in Staffordshire was 171p and 186p respectively. So, I’ve given my Sorento a treat. Somebody is extracting the urine with their pricing methinks.

It seems to have been like that for far too long. In 2018-19 I used a BP station in Leicester where Ultimate diesel was only ever 5 p per litre more than standard. The owner told me that was BPs recommended differential. Yet other stations were always 10-15 pence more. It’s the same where we live for petrol. I’ve pretty well ceased giving our cars a treat.

Reactions: Paullus1959
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That very interesting prices of diesel near Alnwick we are back up there very soon (y)

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I filled up with unleaded at home in Leicestershire yesterday at £1.49, arrived In Glasgow yesterday evening and it’s £1.40 so I’ll be having a few cup fulls of that today!

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
If you are at Strathclyde Park, that area is very competitive but if you level for other parts of Glasgow prices can rise,

I filled at Morrisons in East Kilbride which lasted to home and then dragging the caravan up to Buxton today. Need to fill up again now though……

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think we all know how volatile fuel prices are at the moment, and how there have always been regional variations. I seriously doubt the value of knowing the prices across country is of any real help, as who in their right mind would consider driving more than a mile out of their way to get a penny or two off per litre?

Frankly there's no value to having up dates on fuel prices miles away from where I normally drive. There are several Apps that will keep track of fuel prices in your area so you can make an informed decision.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Diesel in Worcestershire around our neck of the woods is about £1.65. Hopefully this is useful for anyone visiting this area as I think it si useful to know when visiting different areas.

I have yet to come across any Fuel price app that is up to date as generally they rely on input from people around the country. My Petrol prices app was last updated several days ago.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I tend to fill up locally at the cheapest branded outlet, but when out of area I just buy fuel when required and don't really bother with price. But I will sometimes only buy what is required if I think the price is unreasonable. Then I save weight in the car and might improve mpg.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I tend to fill up locally at the cheapest branded outlet, but when out of area I just buy fuel when required and don't really bother with price. But I will sometimes only buy what is required if I think the price is unreasonable. Then I save weight in the car and might improve mpg.
We go to Stourport on Severn to do shopping and are lucky that there are two Esso service stations plus the Tesco service station. To get to Tesco you have to pass all three which are less than 1/2 mile apart. Plus we get 4p off each litre of Esso fuel using my fuel card from CAMC.

When out and about I check to see if there are any fuel stations on our route and possible prices. Not worth deviating as any savings you make on the cost of a litre is used up going out of your way to top up and I always fill to the brim even if the tank is 3/4 or more full. Old habits die hard.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I think we all know how volatile fuel prices are at the moment, and how there have always been regional variations. I seriously doubt the value of knowing the prices across country is of any real help, as who in their right mind would consider driving more than a mile out of their way to get a penny or two off per litre?

Frankly there's no value to having up dates on fuel prices miles away from where I normally drive. There are several Apps that will keep track of fuel prices in your area so you can make an informed decision.
I think it’s just friendly banter from fellow Forumites around the Country comparing notes. As many have said before you don’t have to read every thread.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts