chedder, somerset caravan club site.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. We stayed at this site last Sept just after it had come in for a bit of stick in the CC Mag. Basically they took over an existing site and customers were expecting the usual CC standards.The wardens were on holiday and we had temp ones who had come out of retirement. The site is not yet up to the standards we all expect from the CC. I understand that planning permission has been delayed on some of the improvements planned and that this year it is again a patch up job. I seem to reall it is all grass pitches . We were there over a weekend and there was a element of yob behaviour coming from a footpath that goes down behind some of the pitches.These pitches I would avoid. This is because the site is right on the edge of the town.Overall we would go back and I am sure in due course the facilities will be to CC standard. Entry and Exit times have to be strictly adhered to as there is a single lane entry. Hope this helps.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi. We stayed at this site last Sept just after it had come in for a bit of stick in the CC Mag. Basically they took over an existing site and customers were expecting the usual CC standards.The wardens were on holiday and we had temp ones who had come out of retirement. The site is not yet up to the standards we all expect from the CC. I understand that planning permission has been delayed on some of the improvements planned and that this year it is again a patch up job. I seem to reall it is all grass pitches . We were there over a weekend and there was a element of yob behaviour coming from a footpath that goes down behind some of the pitches.These pitches I would avoid. This is because the site is right on the edge of the town.Overall we would go back and I am sure in due course the facilities will be to CC standard. Entry and Exit times have to be strictly adhered to as there is a single lane entry. Hope this helps.
thanks we will go there when the refirb is done next year,thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo - anne, if you are considering Cheddar then Bucklegrove at nearby Rodney Stoke is very good. It is commercial with a small c, has a small inside pool and bar complex. The owners are very friendly and the site is well run. www.bucklegrove.co.uk Ray

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
Jo - anne, if you are considering Cheddar then Bucklegrove at nearby Rodney Stoke is very good. It is commercial with a small c, has a small inside pool and bar complex. The owners are very friendly and the site is well run. www.bucklegrove.co.uk Ray
Hi Yes we have been to the camp site in cheddar was church farm was a nice site years ago but has been taken over,last time we went was so packed awful .But bucklegrove is a very well run site and the pool is small but well maintained the staff are also friendly and helpful

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts