cheery hinton cc site, cambridgeshire

Feb 23, 2007
Visit site
Yep. We went there last April when it snowed. Nice site, set in a disused quarry. Tv reception is'nt very good because of this, but it won't spoil your stay. Cambridge is a short drive away or I think you can get a bus into Cambridge from Cherry Hinton which is'nt to far to walk if I remember rightly. Cambridge is worth a visit. You can walk all around the universities, walk around the town or go for a ride on a punt up the canals. Loads of bars and places to eat also. There is also a nice dog walk on the site (if you have a dog) it goes all around the quarry and into the woods. Even if you haven't got a dog, it's still a nice walk. Usual club standards, well worth a visit.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo, We live near Cambridge, it had lots of nice places to go and see, in the summer you can go on the punt by the river, charge by hour I think! if you got a dog you can walk down to cherry Hinton hall and give them a good run, but do make sure you pick their mess up, have known dog warden, beware!! or put dog in car and turn right out of club site down road and first left I think you will come to a lay by woods on the right walk for miles, it better to go on the bus or park ride into Cambridge. because the price of car park is Wait for it!!!!!!!!!! was then

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Joanne

We prefer Highfield Touring Park when visiting Cambridge, its a Best of British site, split into three (maybe four) areas which separates tents, those with children, adults only etc. It sounds really big but it isn't in fact, just lovely, well tended but not cramped in. Dog walk also but can't comment as we don't have a dog. It is our favourite and just a short drive to a park and ride into Cambridge which is steeped in history and has good shopping. Clean toilet blocks, fish & chip van on a Saturday, fresh bread and newspapers from reception plus basic supplies. Nowhere to walk to from the site though but its a small price to pay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts