Christmas and New Year

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I would like to make a suggestion to Practical Caravan. We enjoy going away in our caravan at New Year and have done so for the last three years and we have booked this year. My point is that it is extremely difficult to find information on sites that are open for New Year and what entertainment they have on. When you go on all the site finder search facilities you have the chose of open all year and can put in bar on site etc.These however don't tell you if there is anything on over the Christmas and New Year period. Our friends and ourselves have spent hours going through the websites and ringing site, some sites have things on but are only open for three nights ,other sites have a bar but no entertainment. It is hard work and takes a lot of time. We have booked for Searles at Hunstanton for 6 nights and have previously been to Bainlands Lincolnshire and Rudding Park Harrogate. Could Practical Caravan do feature,for next year obviously, of different sites and what level of entertainment if any they have on at Christmas and New Year. We enjoy the entertainment for a few nights,others may prefer a site with something on for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, others may prefer quieter sites with nothing happening just to get away from it. We certainly would find such a feature extremely helpful ,maybe other caravanners would to

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We use another forum which list nearly every campsite in the UK and it shows the opening and closing dates. If you select the option open all year round, it will only show you those sites. Do a google search for ukcampsite.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi kie. Great idea. It is a feature that I would read. However the PC editor and various sidekicks who used to look in on this forum seem to have pushed off and deserted us, so your request may go unnoticed. You could try putting it on the face book page or emailing direct.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Hi kie. Great idea. It is a feature that I would read. seem to have push However the PC editor and various sidekicks who used to look in on this forum seem to have pushed off and deserted us, so your request may go unnoticed. You could try putting it on the face book page or emailing direct.
mel

images
25.gif

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Craig,
What sort of pitches do you get with the local DA ? Do have electric hook up? We want hook up as a minimum,we're not into the running off the battery kind of caravanning. That is what I mean with my post that different people want different levels of entertainment and comforts.

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Surfer
Already done that .That is what I mean, they only show that they are open at New Year and not what they have on. We went through, found sites and had to ring them and ask if they had any entertainment on,how many days and how much.When you have rung about 20 sites it takes alot of time .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts