Christmas Box

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Am I a fool??

I always give my dustmen a good "drink" each Christmas.

Never had any problems with my rubbish disposal.

Seriously , they deserve it working in all weathers throughout the year.

Cheers

Alan

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
We have to sort our rubbish and seperate it and then take it down the drive to the road for the refuse collectors, or they wouldn't bother with half of it as it's "to far to ya house missus".

I think they should be giving me a tip!

Our postman is a miserable git and only spreads any gossip he can get around the village, he also has a habit of peeing in people gardens rather than ask to use the toilet as he does here.

No milkman in our village we buy from Sainsbury's and we don't buy papers as all the news is available online.

You get paid to do a job and I can't see why anyone expects a tip. In restaurants I only tip for very good service, if the food comes slowly and the waiting staff our not attentive they get nothing.

G

"Am I a fool??"

If you get great service that makes you happy to give a tip, the answer is no.

If the service you get is not out of the ordinary and you feel you must question about giving a tip - the answer to your question is YES ;)

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I'm with Euro on this one. It shouldn't be a matter of habit but a small 'thank you' for good service. We don't have any dustmen here because the dustbins are carried to the lorry and emptied by a robot arm operated by the driver. However, the newspaper invariably appears in the letter box at about 4 in he morning. I have respect for whoever gets up to work so early, regardless of the weather.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
We have to sort our rubbish and seperate it and then take it down the drive to the road for the refuse collectors, or they wouldn't bother with half of it as it's "to far to ya house missus".

I think they should be giving me a tip!

Our postman is a miserable git and only spreads any gossip he can get around the village, he also has a habit of peeing in people gardens rather than ask to use the toilet as he does here.

No milkman in our village we buy from Sainsbury's and we don't buy papers as all the news is available online.

You get paid to do a job and I can't see why anyone expects a tip. In restaurants I only tip for very good service, if the food comes slowly and the waiting staff our not attentive they get nothing.
BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts