Christmas break!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have booked ourselves onto a fully serviced hard standing pitch on a CL in Gloucestershire for the festive season leaving the following week to return home for the New Year. There is a very nice pub within easy walking distance and another one about 1/2 mile away. Probably will not bother with lights around the caravan, but will have our small Christmas tree up with its decorations and lights. At the moment I think there is only one other caravan booked onto the site. Next year it is to be hoped that by Christmas the daughter and family from South Africa will be settled in and we can all celebrate a Christmas together for the first time in 30 years! With a bit of luck maybe our son from Eswatini can also make it for Christmas.

Anyone else also gapping it for Christmas or will you be staying put at home? :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Where in Gloucestershire? I live right on the Wilts/ Gloucester Border.
Enjoy and hopefully your daughter and Family will get to the U.K. bug free early next year.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We were thinking about getting away to Devizes, for the Xmas holiday, but all our plans have changed, so maybe after the New year now, or to the Thames Head Inn , near Cirencester.
Best plans and all that.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We were thinking about getting away to Devizes, for the Xmas holiday, but all our plans have changed, so maybe after the New year now, or to the Thames Head Inn , near Cirencester.
Best plans and all that.
Let me know. An old acquaintance , Klaus , runs The Thames Head now. He used to be the Matron De at The Cricklade Country Club for years. You could also look at The CL attached to The Freke Arms. https://www.frekearms.co.uk/

Reactions: Hutch
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Home for us, I'll be doing all the cooking, Christmas day. Been invited out on Boxing day SWMBO's birthday. Only live a good stones throw from the Eyekettleby site, should think there will a few there.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Home for us. We had booked for New Years Eve but the site we went to Nov 5th thinking it would be quiet was but the dog could hear them in the distance-so we've had to cancel as he's a nightmare -total melt down-at least in the house we can turn up the stereo full blast !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts