Christmas gifts for caravanners

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
This has probably been done before but I'm searching for ideas.

With a budget of £100 what gift would you give or like to receive for your caravanning life?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That’s a good shout. I was a Milenco Aero user until I got a car that they would not fit on.
I now use these, and love them.
Leisurewize - Suck It & See Convex Mirror - Universal Deluxe Blindpsot Mirror, Perfect For Cars / 4X4's (LWACC166) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W7X9UQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_9QW0EH428NZ54VR3M5BM
Did you buy the adaptors? Our Aeros would not fit on the Jeep so bought the adaptors for under £5 and mirrors now fit perfectly. You need to shop around for best price and correct pads as I think there is more than one type of adaptor. Cheaper than buying a new set of mirrors.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s a good shout. I was a Milenco Aero user until I got a car that they would not fit on.
Leisurewize - Suck It & See Convex Mirror - Universal Deluxe Blindpsot Mirror, Perfect For Cars / 4X4's (LWACC166) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W7X9UQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_9QW0EH428NZ54VR3M5BM

That looks a good arrangement. The only issue I have had with Aero is that they can be stiff to redirect and then over-move. I have had to take them apart and gently smooth down the ball joint, but it requires care as if you smooth it too much then they do not stay in position. I also lubricate them with silicon spray, but they can still be a bit exasperating.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Did you buy the adaptors? Our Aeros would not fit on the Jeep so bought the adaptors for under £5 and mirrors now fit perfectly. You need to shop around for best price and correct pads as I think there is more than one type of adaptor. Cheaper than buying a new set of mirrors.
No - The Polestar mirrors don't have a frame. There is nowhere to attach them to. The aero mirrors are simply not compatible.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
That looks a good arrangement. The only issue I have had with Aero is that they can be stiff to redirect and then over-move. I have had to take them apart and gently smooth down the ball joint, but it requires care as if you smooth it too much then they do not stay in position. I also lubricate them with silicon spray, but they can still be a bit exasperating.
I find that reluctance to move a great asset as it means that most times they don't need adjustment after fitment.

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
We had the same problem with milenco Aero and Aero grand. Adjusting the mirrors was like an episode of the chuckle brothers - to me, to you ,to me, to you - and I was always worried about the stress that moving the Milenco mirror would apply to the frame clamp and car mirror frame.
The suck it and see are fixed, and just move with the mirror surface, so you adjust them in the same way as you adjust your car mirror - brilliant! They are also FAR lighter and actually easier to fit.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Looking at those I do not like the idea that they obscure your main mirror even though you have the extended one. I still regard my main car mirror as the main one to use and the towing mirror supplementing my vision for safety. However it seems you have no choice in your case.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Looking at those I do not like the idea that they obscure your main mirror even though you have the extended one. I still regard my main car mirror as the main one to use and the towing mirror supplementing my vision for safety. However it seems you have no choice in your case.

That was my thinking too before I got them. With the Milenco, the extra mirror is just an extension. I used to notice that due to the nature of the attachment (on the arm) the milenco mirror would vibrate a little and the resulting image was not clear. The main mirror would be checking for traffic along side, and the extension for checking behind.

With the suck-it-and-see, there is no vibration (perhaps because of the silicone mount?) and image is super clear. Also - the extension mirror is in exactly the same plane as the car mirror. The there is no change of angle from one to the other. And actually, there is a surprising amount of car mirror left. The marketing picture is a pretty poor install! I attached a picture of mine here. They are in storage in the caravan, or I would do a picture from in the car. 1638958815197.png

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a pair of Milenco Aero 2 given to me but i have been thinking upgrading to
Milenco Grand Aero 3 mirror plus the maximum view possible

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but nothing that really catches my attention.

Seems to have developed into yet another discussion about wing mirrors though. :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions but nothing that really catches my attention.

Seems to have developed into yet another discussion about wing mirrors though. :)
There is page after page of caravan accessories in Practical Caravan magazine and also on this website.

My own recommendation would be a Kindle reader
A library full of books which take up less space and weighs less than a paperback, ideal for the caravan

Reactions: Hutch and Tobes
May 7, 2012
Visit site
A crystal ball to see what the rules will be next year, so I can book with confidence, or possibly not need to book if the sites will be closed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts