Christmas

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Got our first one today too. From friends I saw at Church yesterday 😀. I think some folks are trying to be ahead of the game because of the postal strikes.
mel
p.s. I am not one of them.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We had our first Christmas card back in October, sadly because one of my wife's school friends had lost her husband earlier this year.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Got a card two days ago but the people involved are going to Spain for the holiday so just sent it early. The Post Office is in chaos at the moment because of the industrial action and posting very early this year is sensible.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Except for one card, we are not posting any cards this year as we will do virtual cards and hand physically hand out cards to friends and relatives. Cheaper and quicker and virtual cards do arrive at their destination no matter where in the world.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Will be posting around 10 cards overseas by tomorrow, but all our other UK cards go by post even to friends and relatives who we live nearby or will see before Christmas. The only ones not posted are for neighbours within our close. It’s nice to receive a postal delivery fir birthdays and Christmas. But they will all be 2nd class postage within UK.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Will be posting around 10 cards overseas by tomorrow, but all our other UK cards go by post even to friends and relatives who we live nearby or will see before Christmas. The only ones not posted are for neighbours within our close. It’s nice to receive a postal delivery fir birthdays and Christmas. But they will all be 2nd class postage within UK.
Sadly last year none of our overseas cards arrived at their destination so about £15 down the drain if you include cost of cards and postage.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Got a card two days ago but the people involved are going to Spain for the holiday so just sent it early. The Post Office is in chaos at the moment because of the industrial action and posting very early this year is sensible.
I think that why my wife sent them with what going on we have now receive 5 cards so far .

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This may sound unbelievable. We have been in the UK for nearly thirty years and today was the first time ever that we went to a Christmas Fair.

Unfortunately we were both on mobility scooters and could not see much as too busy dodging people or shouting at people while we are stationary and the people are walking focused on their mobile phones. Heads down and lets go no matter what attitude.

First and last Christmas Fair we will attend on a weekend and just after pay day. Queue to get into parking garage, queue to get out, queue for coffee, queue for anything to eat, etc etc. All good fun if you have the patience of job. LOL!

Great fun driving out of town and seeing cars backed up for nearly two miles trying to get into the town which is not very big either. Sadly once in that queue to get into town, very difficult to turn around and go home and even worse if you have kids in the car expecting to go to the fair.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This may sound unbelievable. We have been in the UK for nearly thirty years and today was the first time ever that we went to a Christmas Fair.

Unfortunately we were both on mobility scooters and could not see much as too busy dodging people or shouting at people while we are stationary and the people are walking focused on their mobile phones. Heads down and lets go no matter what attitude.

First and last Christmas Fair we will attend on a weekend and just after pay day. Queue to get into parking garage, queue to get out, queue for coffee, queue for anything to eat, etc etc. All good fun if you have the patience of job. LOL!

Great fun driving out of town and seeing cars backed up for nearly two miles trying to get into the town which is not very big either. Sadly once in that queue to get into town, very difficult to turn around and go home and even worse if you have kids in the car expecting to go to the fair.
Sadly until you have to use a mobility scooter you soon learn how selfish people are and indeed how invisible you are. Back in April, two weeks after my knee op I was “run over” on the local Zebra Crossing. She said she didn’t see me!

Next I notice how cars get parked on pavements and dropped kerbs making life harder. Hopefully I shall be moth balling my buggy in four or so weeks as the second new knee mends.
You have my sympathies B. I did think about carrying a 6” nail🙃😜

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sadly until you have to use a mobility scooter you soon learn how selfish people are and indeed how invisible you are. Back in April, two weeks after my knee op I was “run over” on the local Zebra Crossing. She said she didn’t see me!

Next I notice how cars get parked on pavements and dropped kerbs making life harder. Hopefully I shall be moth balling my buggy in four or so weeks as the second new knee mends.
You have my sympathies B. I did think about carrying a 6” nail🙃😜
Yes but you can get your own back in the Great Western Outlets or Cribbs Causeway where I thought I’d landed in some form of EV racing event. Being hard of hearing and not wearing aids I can’t hear them coming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts