Chumley Warners British Fish n Chips In Australia.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Just been to Chumley Warners Britsh Fish n Chips here in Brisbane Australia and oh boy do they taste just like back home......you bet ya.
For anyone who doesnt know Chumley Warners was born via a midlands couple who came out to Australia some years ago and found a niche market for British delicacies so they opened a shop in Birkdale Brisbane on the beautiful Moreton Bay coast and it was a roaring success so they then opened a traditional English chippy 3 doors away from the first shop which was called Britain On The Bay, they exported out all the gas ranges etc and all his fish is Atlantic Cod which he has sent out, the place does a roaring trade especialy on a Sunday.
Just been there today and had Fish n Chips and took it down to the coast overlooking Stradbroke Island, as soon as we tasted it all the memories(Good Ones) came flooding back it was brilliant.
So if any of you come over to Oz pay a visit to Chumley Warners at Birkdale Shopping Centre, Birkdale, Brisbane, you certainly wont regret it.

Tony
Brisbane

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi tony there has been a series ,which has just finished over here called poms in paradise , and the warners fish and chips were featured in the series , but i was over i OZZ last November in a place called Sawtell in Coffs Harbour NSW , and i had fish and chips from a local shop and it was every bit as good as we get here , i absolutely loved it there , and i cant wait to get back , i used take our grandsons dog for a walk at 6,30 Am along the headland bordering the beach , it was packed with surfers getting a surf before they went to work , and the same again around 4 pm , all wore i was a pair of shorts and a t shirt the whole month i was there , it felt like the nearest thing to paradise , but because of our age there is little chance of us staying there , not like here where any body walks in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts