CL / CS sites.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
At a logger head with SWMBO, The good wife, about what are cl and Cs sites, I say they are the same thing but named by the two main clubs, ie small sites, not more than 5 caravans, buut with the Caravan and camping club , they also allow tents as well. .
If I am wrong this will cost me a very expensive dinner at the wifes desicion.
Help please.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
My humblest and sincere apologies to E, but on this occasion I'm sorry to say that A is right. :(

The two clubs offer the same 5 van sites just different names to distinguish the two clubs. The sites are licensed by the relevant local authority to take a maximum of 5 caravans/outfits (excluding tents) at any one time.

There is no limit to the number of tents the CS's can take on top of the 5 vans/outfits.

The CS we have used in Dorset is thinking of changing to a CL purely and sadly because quite a few GPB's in caravans objected to the tents on site, even though tents rarely pitched new to the caravans. It's a shame as there was always a lovely mix of people on the site. Having said that the only time we've had issue with anyone on a CL or CS they were in a tent. They were sent packing by the owners the next morning! :cheer:

Whatever the club, whatever the occasion we always try and use them, so much quieter, so much more friendly, so much cheaper and the opportunity to help local economies and diversifying land owners. Long Live 5 van sites. :cheer:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree there is no difference in practice except that a CS can take tents.
It amazes me that C&CC members in caravans object to tents though and if they do they are in the wrong club.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
I agree there is no difference in practice except that a CS can take tents.
It amazes me that C&CC members in caravans object to tents though and if they do they are in the wrong club.

Which is what I suggested the owners tell them. :)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Martin24 said:
The CS we have used in Dorset is thinking of changing to a CL purely and sadly because quite a few GPB's in caravans objected to the tents on site
GPB? Googling, I find "Georgia Public Broadcasting","Girls per Boy", "Global Private Banking", "Gelatin Phosphate Buffer" ..............

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, to all who replied, Wifey now agrees with me. I had a lovely Dinner to night at The River Mill Tavern , in Eaton Socom, a nice walk down the river from The Cand CCsite in St Neots. But guess who had to pay in the end. ???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts