CL or CS around Congleton

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm looking for a 5 van site, with ELH, in the Congleton/ Sandbach area. Need something that is quiet, and secure. We don't really know this area, and though we have looked in the two club books, it is hard to make an informed decision. Any ideas??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't offer any direct advice, but if you go to CC website you can search CLs by county or major towns with a filter of things you want, e.g. EHU, public transport etc.

Then look up the postcode on Google Earth and you can generaaly find the site and see how it looks relative to nearby roads, features etc. and also what the access looks like.

I've found Google Earth very useful for this although the picture quality is not uniformly good, SW Scotland being quite poor, for example

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Jarmens farm is in Macclesfield beutiful site over looks my golf course, also not far from Macclesfield Forest must walk it and go to Shutterlings low and take in the views, they say you can see 7 counties from the top.

It's around 6 mile to Congleton.

Butcher Boy

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for replies. We did as Ray suggested before I posted and looked in the club books, internet etc. I also always check out Google Earth and Multimap, if it is a site I don't know. However, even after all of this, I do not think that you can beat personal recommendation. I did a 'blind' booking in Llanelli two years ago, and it looked fine on Google Earth etc., but whn I got ther it was like a scrap yard !!

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for info. Rang Waggon and Horses, they sounded nice people, and booked for a week - so hope beer is good! 250 mile run, so will need a couple of pints by the time I get there!

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rod One

The Jarman site is in a fantastic area if you are into walking, eating out, playing golf, cycling or relaxing. I know not cos I've stayed there but cos its about 200m from my house. If you decide to stay there, and want any local info like where to go for a nice meal, cycle/walking routes etc, please let me know.

Denise

TRENDING THREADS