Clean Air Zones

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just arrived at Bath. All these Clean Air Signs saying pay online . New one on me. Do I need to pay??You have to pass through the City to reach the Bath Knee Clinic

May 7, 2012
Visit site
These areas are a nightmare for visiting motorists as they all have different requirements as to who is charged. Possibly they should all be standardised and then at least we would know where we stood. As it stands you now need to check on the different rules before deciding what to do.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Same with London. Too easy to get caught even after researching before travel. A few years ago an Australian friend who had been staying with us, went from here to Gatwick in a hire car. Despite having a SatNav and I discussed the route with him before he left. We spoke when he got to Gatwick. He said he knew he had gone wrong when he drove over Westminster bridge! I told him he had gone through the zone. He said they would not be able to fine him in Australia.

I knew different. They could take it from the hire companies deposit. So I called the hire company, who gave me the reg number, and I paid the fee, £9 if I remember.

I agree, there should be standardisation.

I think it happens in France for cities that join their scene, I got an exemption sticker for my windscreen. Don’t know what glue is used but it is very perminant.

John

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts