Closing tourer for winter on seasonal site

Oct 29, 2022
Visit site
We have a tourer on seasonal site and they keep it for winter.
Is there anything else I need to do to shut down? I have.....
Draining water out of caravan
Disconnecting gas
Taking battery home to put on a trickle
Leaving damp packets to collect any moisture
Is there anything else please?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have a tourer on seasonal site and they keep it for winter.
Is there anything else I need to do to shut down? I have.....
Draining water out of caravan
Disconnecting gas
Taking battery home to put on a trickle
Leaving damp packets to collect any moisture
Is there anything else please?
Yes. Open all cupboards, doors and lockers. Lift upholstery/ bedding or take it home. Don’t wipe surfaces with a polish, it encourages mould. Just use a mild detergent surface cleaner like a drop of Flash. If you do it correctly the inside should resemble an explosion in a DFS store 😂

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If you Google ‘winterising caravan’ you get access to lists from Bailey and both clubs - extras I noted we’re leaving locker doors open and ensuring fridge is clean (bicarbonate of soda in water) and left open.

Reactions: TDkickboxer
May 7, 2012
Visit site
You can get a device for clearing any remaining water out of the pipes although we just blow down the taps to make sure everything is clear.
Trying to keep the caravan dry by using the damp packets does not work as the caravan is ventilated and any damp removed will soon be replaced by more.
Opening cupboards and seats will let air circulate and should help.
We would leave the blinds up and curtains open to show that it is empty, assuming it is. It should help prevent anyone breaking in if they see nothing in there and lets some sun in to warm it up a bit on warmer days.

Reactions: TDkickboxer
Oct 29, 2022
Visit site
Yes. Open all cupboards, doors and lockers. Lift upholstery/ bedding or take it home. Don’t wipe surfaces with a polish, it encourages mould. Just use a mild detergent surface cleaner like a drop of Flash. If you do it correctly the inside should resemble an explosion in a DFS store 😂
Thank you

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
As all of the above. But also, I find to empty the water; first open drain and all taps which is obvious. I then close all taps except shower, remove shower head and blow down the hose. This is blowing right through the system. I tend to close the drain to prevent doubtful but possible insect ingress.

I do close window blinds but only the fly screens on the roof to allow some little sun in.

John

Reactions: RogerL

TRENDING THREADS