Cloudy Window

Nov 23, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
I’ve just taken the cover off my Stirling moonstone and it’s a warm sunny day. I have noticed that the central roof front window is slightly misted. Does anyone know if you are able to remove the rubber bungs that are on the inside in order to allow the window to dry out ( naturally in the sunlight) and then replace the two little rubber plugs once it’s clear. (Or is there a gas within the unit?)
Any guidance appreciated.
JHS.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, plugs are out and now waiting to see what happens, thanks again,
Jhs
Removing the plugs is generally not recommended. You need to be extremely careful when refitting them in case they go right through and fall inbetween the panes. We don't bother just let natural sunshine do its job.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There isn't problem removing the bungs as long as you are careful. But of course after he warm sunny day they should be replaced to stop cold moisture laden air entering the window again.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
There is actually no need other than if speeding things up is paramount.
The plastic, on a micro scale is porous, that's why you have the issue now and why given time it will cure itself.
IMO very much one of those things, simply best left alone.

Warm air is capable and more likely to be moisture laden, what you need is a period of low humidity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts