Coachman Amara / Wandahome Wanderer

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Been looking at these models this weekend. yesterday we veiwed a Coachman Amara 560/6 thats the one with the twin fixed bunks at the back, today we have been to South Cave and veiwed a Coachman Wanderer 18/6 same layout which is a special edition of the Amara with various extra's including upgraded apolstry, sony entertaintment system, external power and bbq points amongst other things, the Wanderer seems like a good buy as it includes these extra's, but thought I would ask on here to help me decide.

What are others veiws on dealer special editions, do they offer better value for money.

Regards

Mark

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mark

I have the 2008 Glossop Festival, 380 Amara with all the kit, excellent value and ultra reliable to date, no faults.

I can recommend shocks, power touch movers, weight plate upgade for

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Valerie

Yes, it's a Sony entertainment centre with Sony speakers, when playing DVD the TV speakers go off and you hear high quality sound through the Sony system.

It's nice to have a bit of Coachman chat, you dont hear of many/any issues about them, last I heared was the debate about removing the microwave, I just fixed it by moving the batton thats already there minus an inch or so to remove any sliding free play in the oven.

Best Regards

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi brother in law picked up his van 2 weeks ago from wandahome ordered at nec oct , if you compare prices to a normal coachman to wandahome special you are getting roughly

May 18, 2007
Visit site
We purchased our second Coachman in July 08.It is the Festival 560/6 - Glossops special.With all the extra kit on that the standard Amara it was a no-brainer really.I also got a good part x on my old van.I think the Wandahome version's are a bit more expensive than the Glossops.

Whichever one you go for you will get a cracking van - alot better made than most vans on the market and also something a bit different than the usual brands.

Enjoy you van - Up the Coachman's !!

May 18, 2007
Visit site
Mark - not sure of the model number for the Sony unit but what I would say is that the in-built DVD unit also has all the wiring and sockets built in. Just a case of feeding TV from the sockets.We dont' use ours as we have a TV/DVD unit.It might be simpler just to use use a similar set up.

I am not sure whether the Amara has the wiring built in.You will see the sockets adjacent to the TV aerial point

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Jonathan - Many thanks, the Amara does have the wiring built in, however given the cost etc. I have just opted to buy a 17 inch lcd tv from tesco's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts