Cobb ovens

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have been thinking of investing in one of these thingies, not the gas version, the charcoal/brick fired ones, and was wondering of anyone had experience or opinions on them?
I love the Cadac don't get me wrong, so convenient and fantastic for catering for the family, but i do like the idea of sitting out (both home and away in the van) whilst the roast does on a charcoal fired gadget.

As is my way I have keeping my eye out for anyone on site who is using one of these so that I can go and have a chat about them, but I thought that I'd ask on here as well because there are so many of you.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ive had one for a few years now. Although they advertise that you can cook on the griddle etc i never found this to be of any good. I use it as an oven. I use the heat discs and tend to light them on a gas ring when in the little cage then put it in the bbq.
I do roasts in them mainly chicken that i spatchcock as you really only get about 1 1/4 hrs heat, i put smoking chips on the heat and normally put cider or beer in the moat . Result supermoist meat. Once the lid is on just leave it as it takes ages to rebuild the heat so the meat doesnt cook.I have done potatoes and veg as well , but you cant turn them.
Overall a good roaster but i found not an all rounder, easier to get the cadac safari out for breakfast

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts