compass corona front locker

Jan 14, 2006
Visit site
HI I'VE JUST BEEN OUT THIS MORNING TO CLEAN MY VAN, AND NOTICED THAT MY FRONT STORAGE LOCKER PAINT HAS STARTED TO CRACK.MY VAN IS ONLY ONE AND A HALF YEARS OLD.CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY TIPS ON HOW TO AVOID THIS AND PREVENT IT GETTING WORSE.CHEERS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steven, I had the same problem with my van last year ( Elddis Avante ) they called it the crows feet look, and the dealer had no problem with re-painting the locker door under warranty, apparently a very common fault. You can only ask and see what they say, cheers Geordie.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Having a similar problem myself at the moment on our 2005 Corona Amazon 556, the gelcoat is cracking around the front n/s grab handle. The dealer has had 4 attempts at repairing it to unsatisfactory standard.

It has now got to the stage were we are returning the van under the sale of goods act.

Jan 14, 2006
Visit site
HI ADRIAN JUST HAD MY VAN BACK FROM REPAIR .THEY SPRAY PAINTED THE LOCKER, IT LOOKS ALRIGHT ,I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL LAST. I'M ALSO HAVING TROUBLE WITH WATER IN MY TOILET CASSETTE AREA! KEEP AN EYE OUT

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steven

Replied to similar thread last year which was in respect of Avondales and Abbey panel cracks.

My van is a Compass Omega new 2002. First year noticed cracks around grab handle, reported under warranty and a guy came from "Lamplass" the front panel manufacturer. Said cracks were caused when van was assembled and grab handle support brackets were not at correct angle causing stress points. Resurfaced area but warned me to keep an eye on the area as if cracks go right through these would reappear. Sure enough year later 2005 they were back and had to re-report the fault. Finally resolved last autumn when the front panel was replaced under warranty.

If in doubt insist that you get a new panel fitted as such a fault will seriously affect your secondhand trade in value.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts