Cooker

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi looking for help, been checking the cooker found the tap to turn the gas on, pulled out the cooker undone the pipe on the top, and with the help of some washing up liquid the gas was there, put it back in and tryed to light up it ingnighter clicking but still would not light, any advice would be apricated.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would check if the gas is reaching the hob, turn on one ring and push in the safety button to allow the gas to flow and listen for the sound of gas escaping and check for the smell of gas. If the gas is there it sounds like the ignition, although if it is working you should see the spark..

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
g610wac said:
Hi looking for help, been checking the cooker found the tap to turn the gas on, pulled out the cooker undone the pipe on the top, and with the help of some washing up liquid the gas was there, put it back in and tryed to light up it ingnighter clicking but still would not light, any advice would be apricated.

Made a big boo boo should have said FRIDGE not cooker (so sorry)
So the above relates to the fridge not cooker

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry,

This won't be what you want to read.

I have to advise that work on gas appliances should only be carried out to an approved standard. Unless you are gas fitter with all the safety test gear, you should leave well alone,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be the gas jet is blocked. Most people use the fridge only on electric and the gas can get blocked with dirt over time. If this is correct you should be able to see the spark ignition when it is pressed. Unless you are competent to work on gas though I would leave it to the experts. It should be an easy job for a mobile mechanic.

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
Yes ignighter working can see the spark, I only slightly undone the nut on the pipe and used washing up liquid to check the gas was there, witch it was, simple check you can use at home. Electric hook up no good some one has taken wires of and tapeped them up, not a qualified electrion either but like gas don't fix anything just try to eliminate some things.
Would anyone know of a mobile mecanic in Angus or Aberdeenshire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts