Corner steady replacement

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
Hey guys

I still need to replace the corner steadies on my wife's 2ton food trailer. I cannot see any inscribing to help me on the part. And the trailer is a custom. 

I have found a seller offering 2 x Alko 205 817 & 2 x Alko 267 265 taken from a 2016 Bailey Valencia - https://www.alko-tech.com/sites/default/files/uploaded_files/EN/499668_htk-caravan_12-2018_en.pdf

Would these be sufficient?

Thanks

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
fooddestroyer said:
Hey guys

I still need to replace the corner steadies on my wife's 2ton food trailer. I cannot see any inscribing to help me on the part. And the trailer is a custom. 

I have found a seller offering 2 x Alko 205 817 & 2 x Alko 267 265 taken from a 2016 Bailey Valencia - https://www.alko-tech.com/sites/default/files/uploaded_files/EN/499668_htk-caravan_12-2018_en.pdf

Thanks

I would say YES.

I would look at this way; if the food trailer is connected to the towbar, no steadies deployed, would you have any hesitancy about entering the trailer and moving around inside it or carrying out some tasks inside it?, I don't think you would be worried about any part of the trailer collapsing.

They are only 'steadies', I wouldn't analyse the bahookey off the problem and get a strucural engineer to carry out computer simulations on the loadings etc. ;) .

The steadies you illustrate won't collapse under the weight of a couple of people moving around inside the trailer.

I will buy a big bag of popcorn and await other replies :lol:

Go for it, you won't easily collapse the steadies you have referrenced.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
fooddestroyer said:
Hey guys

Thanks

The vast majority of the trailers weight will be taken by its nosewheel and road wheels. So the corner steadies are just that they steady the unit. Not got time to ferret around in the large Alko catalogue but I would think that heavy duty caravan steadies would be perfectly adequate if they are what are being looked at.

Apr 4, 2019
Visit site
Thanks guys.

BTW - the seller has placed the steadies on Ebay, so now, sadly, I am in a bidding war.

Does anyone know where I could find quality-used steadies online? Thanks!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
fooddestroyer said:
Thanks guys.

BTW - the seller has placed the steadies on Ebay, so now, sadly, I am in a bidding war.

Does anyone know where I could find quality-used steadies online? Thanks!

Try searching the various caravan breaker websites they should have steadies.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would think any type will work but it might mean drilling extra holes. I would take one off and try a dealer to see if you can match it as that would be the easiest to fit. If you know the makers of the trailer you could contact them if they are still around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts