Cornwall in November

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
We're down to Cornwall this weekend for our last weeks holiday of the year.

I know alot of places will be closed , a friend has just got back and said he was amased that Padstow , whilst still having plenty of people milling around was almost closed , about 1 in 4 places were open and alot of the eateries were not serving during the day.

We're staying near Truro , and I'm looking for any help with places that might be open. We dont mind travelling.

I need a couple of attractions where we can take number 1 son. I think the Sealife centre at Newquay and the Seal Sanctury are open but does any one have any other places I could look at.

Things like Swimming pools , pubs will ball parks i.e Wacky Warehouse , donkey sancturies etc etc anything will do.

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Roger,

If they`re open, the Screech Owl Snctuary is a good trip out, also, the National Birds of Prey Sanctuary. If you`re planning on doing a fair bit of driving, why not go down to Marazion and go over to St.Michael`s Mount?

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Possibly a bit out of your way, but there is a Monkey sanctuary near Looe. Went there about 25 years ago and at that time they climber all over you - the monkeys that is. May be different now with all H&S stuff. They have website - type in monkey sanctuary looe, and will give you more info. Don't even know if its open.

You could go on train ride up to Plymouth, where they have a Marine Aquarium. The ride is picturesque or go in car and use Park and Ride. Hope that helps.

Alex

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
thanks for the extra ideas

sadly the monkey sanctury closes the end of september. We really wanted to go there as we missed out earlier in the year due to illness.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We live in Devon, and it never ceases to amaze us that caravan parks down here close up for the winter. People are touring all year round, and business could be so good for them. I think basically, it's just too much effort for a lot of them. They are lazy.

We hear all the time, how bad the 'season' was. It doesn't have to be either quiet, or seasonal if they just got off their backsides and offered even limited facilities.

WAKE UP you South West Caravan parks!!!

OK, the attractions might not be open, and the luvvies won't be on the beaches, but, take it from us, out of season is when the area is at it's quietest and most enjoyable. You can keep it in the summer when hordes of 'grockles' invade and ruin it. Try Riverside in Plymouth if you want an all year round one with lots to do for miles around.

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
as you are staying in truro you could try a ride on the king harry ferry across to roseland penninsula,and the village of st mawes which has beach castle etc.falmouth is worth a visit you can hire small motor boats pendennis castle is good.st michaels mount will still be open.truro city centre has good shops,plymouth better but a hours drive away.flambards theme park at helston goonhiily sateelite station on the lizard if not shut for winter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts