Cosmos 352

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
We bought; just a few weeks ago, our very first van,,a 2014 Cosmos 352 which I understand is a variant of the Ariva.
There are a few issues that we need to take up with the dealer but reading some of the horrors on here we've got off lightly
What we don't get is how can some of these "faults" get through,doesn't the manufacturer have a QC section on the production line.
I'm also a bit concerned about the weight on the towball,, the bookwork says ideally it should be between 5 and 7 percent of the MIRO, but mine is much higher than that, and there's now a large storage space at the front meant for gas bottles and spare wheel which is now empty to try bring the towball weight down.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi what is the maxium weight of your caravan and what is your car you say a
Vauxhall 1.4 eco diesel i haven"t seen this in the 2014 What Car magazine only a
Vauxhall 1,3 eco Diesel and on Outfit Towing i would check your weights .
This is just a reminder who did the check on your Car & Caravan LOL

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Beachball,
,the MTPLM for the van is 970 Kg
The car,,,well I've always called it a 1.4 eco as that's what it says on the tailgate,,but the V5C has it as a 1248cc which I guess is a 1.3 and it's a turbo diesel.
The TOWSAFE check was carried out by the dealer and they have it as a 2008 1.3cdti which they took from the V5C.
PLEASE don't tell me I'm illegal.
I know it's underpowered as it looses a lot of speed on gradients but I can cope with that.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what model you have but if you have the handbook the weights should be in there. If not you can try the Towsure or CC sites for there compatibility figures. You need to enter the make, model, year and engine to get the answer you need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts