Cost of holidays.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just seen a very pleasant advert for 29 nights inclusive touring South Africa In 2024. Sounded wonderful until I saw the price, £13000 each rising to £34 k for the upmarket bit😵‍💫😵‍💫
So pleased I still caravan👏👏👏

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just seen a very pleasant advert for 29 nights inclusive touring South Africa In 2024. Sounded wonderful until I saw the price, £13000 each rising to £34 k for the upmarket bit😵‍💫😵‍💫
DD also very pleased still got caravan that a bit dear to us to:)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
After all Buckman has told us about safety and security in SA; not sure it would be my destination of choice; even if it was considerably less money. Shame, because I understand it is a beautiful country.
Mel

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After all Buckman has told us about safety and security in SA; not sure it would be my destination of choice; even if it was considerably less money. Shame, because I understand it is a beautiful country.
Mel

Sadly the same can be said for many of the most beautiful places in the world.
With so much unrest around the world it is dangerous to go there, and that is such a shame.

Whilst some unrest is due to armed conflict, another factor is the poverty of some folk and the basic need to stay alive, however that can be achieved.

Reactions: Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Total rip off however I assume that is including motorhome hire which can be very expensive in South Africa due to high insurance costs etc.
Depending on which game reserves you visit as they can cost up to £400 a night, but why use those when there are others available for well under £100 a night. You can probably tour South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland for a hell of a lot less than £13000 per person, but with Covid rampart there would you want to go? It is going to take probably another 2 - 3 years for them to bring it under reasonable control.
Food in restaurants for a Brit using GBP is dirt cheap. Where can you get a fillet steak with all the trimmings for less then £9? Fuel is a lot cheaper than here and also accommodation is cheap. We paid £25 a night for a fully furnished cottage that included a dishwasher, fridge, stove, TV etc. All the mod cons. It was also cleaned daily.
Although we never toured in 2018 when we visited for 4weeks, our accommodation, car rental and food cost us less than £1000. We did not stay with friends or relatives as prefer our independence.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Mel
It is a beautiful country and the Western Cape is one of the nicest areas to visit with its scenery and vineyards. Despite all the looting of high end goods elsewhere which you cannot eat and burning, there has been no issues in the Western Capen or along the garden route. Sadly the looting and burning had nothing to do with poverty, but was related to politics of the country.

Reactions: Mel
May 7, 2012
Visit site
My mother was born there and it is a very dangerous place for those who do not know where they can go. I would hope the organisers have got safety right, but not a country I would visit although, I accept there are worse still.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My mother was born there and it is a very dangerous place for those who do not know where they can go. I would hope the organisers have got safety right, but not a country I would visit although, I accept there are worse still.
Any country including the UK has areas where it can be dangerous to go at times. With the exception of the areas hit by the looting etc it has only become dangerous in certain areas in the past 20 years after the new government was elected. No issue in the Western Cape unless you are foolish to venture into no go areas. No issues in the national parks as many people still go wild camping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts