Cost of pitches

Nov 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi. We haven't bought our tourer yet, but hopefully just about to. How much does an average overnight stay cost with electric hook up? We realise this will vary from site to site, by just trying to get some idea :unsure: Thanks in anticipation :)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Anything from £10 for a 5-van site (CL or CS) up to about £45 for a commercial site per night during peak season (in order to pay for on-site activities eg club house, swimming pool, etc)

PS - it's best to select an appropriate category when posting rather than put it in the default of 'New Members - say hello'

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Chutey, your asking a big question, we tour all year round and have found places in France as low as €10 and in the UK £12 in cl's / cs's all the way up to mega prices depending on time of year and facilities. I would not pay more than £25 in a club site . As I like cls better.
Good luck,
Hutch.

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We love using Caravan Club CL's, which are only have a maximum of 5 vans and tend to be friendly and set in beautiful countryside or near the coast. If you join the Caravan Club, you will get a directory listing all the CL's and CC Sites in the country, along with a map showing where all of them are situated. The Camping and Caravan Club have 5 van sites, but they also allow tents.
A fresh drinking water pipe and a cesspit to empty the caravan loo is the very minimum they have.
Prices will vary as to what facilities there are. We usually pay between £10-£15 a night on the CL's we use and the minimum that we require is an electric hook-up and a toilet. CC and C&CC Sites and Commercial Sites usually cost more, because they are bigger and have more facilities.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It depends on the time of year you go as well, we c-van all year round and over the winter months you can go to a place that will cost £40 or £50 a night in high season but only £10 or £15 a night in January when many folk have gone into caravan hibernation. We have young children so it is important for us to have something for them to do (not telly as we have decided not to have one in the van... ever). we are off to a site with a pool and club house this coming weekend and I think that it is costing us £25 a night fully serviced, the same site drops to £15 a night in January. School holidays up the price as well.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I paid £19.00 per night three weeks ago and £26.00 back in June, wherever you go CC or C&CC or commercials they are all in the plus £20.00 a night, again like other posters have said if you want the all dancing site holiday complex, plus an awning and dog and also an extra car, it will cost you personally I think the CC sites are well over priced no cheaper than a commercial,

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
We have recently completed our first year of caravanning, being a family that are tied to school holidays and like a mix of full fat sites to CL's.
A round up of site costs over that year:
Lowest cost night = £14 on a CL with 10 Amp electric.
Lowest cost night with electric = £15 on a CC Rally.
Lowest cost night fully serviced pitch with leisure facilities = £18 on a commercial site.
Fully serviced pitch night in school summer holidays = £30 on a commercial site with leisure facilities.
Grass pitch with electric night in school summer holidays = £33 on CC site.
Fully serviced CC pitch night in school summer holidays = £40
Serviced pitch night in school holidays = £23 on a commercial site near Alton Towers.
Fully serviced pitch night with leisure facilities at Christmas = £23 on a commercial site.

CC Membership per night away = £2.71

The highest price we have seen for a grass pitch with hook up is £68 +£10 per night booking fee in Cornwall the last week of the school summer holidays. We actually pitched 400 yards away for £23 with hook up.

As illustrated above, the CC sites are the highest price, with less facilities. In our experience standards are comparable across the sites we have used, not had a bad site anywhere yet. The other thing we find is the lack of open CC sites over the winter. We enjoy winter weekends away, leaving home after school on a Friday afternoon and there are no CC sites within 70 miles, but there are commercial sites with serviced hard standing pitches within 30 miles.

Enjoy your adventures.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......I recently attended this rally with the East Dorset Caravan Club Centre.
It was held over the August bank holiday in a lovely spot with a friendly group of people.
During our stay we visited the Great Dorset steam Fair and Gurston Down hill climb.
Site fees were £5.40/ night.......yes you have to be equipped to maintain levels of comfort as you get no EHU and only a clean water supply and a chemical disposal point.
Once you have a set-up that can handle that type of caravanning and your a member of one of the two main clubs then there is literally thousands of rallies and events all over the country......most well under £10/ night.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have held a CIU affiliation card for years along with my BL membership and one of the advantages of this is that you hopefully pay a little bit less for your pint when you go in to their clubs, I'm finding that being a member of the CC I don't pay any less than if I went on to a commercial site,

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I agree PP. I was a member of the C&CC before because I got a reduced rate at the New Forest camp sites but I joined the CC last year as the winter season came into swing because they offered quite a few sites that were local enough for a weekend and open all year. We have visited a couple and found them to be as expensive as a lot of commercial sites. I am also not enamoured with the inability to book a pitch idea, having children at school puts you very much at a disadvantage; by the time we had got the kids home from school and travelled up to the site we found that all the best pitches were taken by motor homes that had already shut down for the night. It does seem to me that CC sites are set to cater for retired couples or couples without children with them. But it is what it is and we have the choice of booking or not booking. We are off to a commercial site for the October half term and it has a swimming pool and club house with a program of children’s early evening entertainment, not everyone’s cup-o-tea I know but it is about the same price for the week as the last CC site at which we stayed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts