Council tax

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
If the site is 'residential' and you can occupy the van 12 months a year, then 'Yes' - if you can only occupy for a limited period then 'No' - you just pay an annual fee to the site.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Pearl...If it is a touring caravan, ie; you move it off site, and don't return for a period of time for example, at least once a month then council tax is not levied.

However, if it is a static caravan or a tourer that is deemed to be static then council tax might be chargable. I know the caravan club sell seasonal pitches and Council Tax is not levied but that is most probably because these people do pay a council tax for their main property. There may be different rules for those whose main home is outside the UK?

The best way to find out is to talk to the site owner but you may not get the full story from them. The local authority, where you intend to go, to will be the best people to advise.

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
It is a caravan on a marina site in kent. I shall only be using it for a few weeks a year. (To get out of the heat!!)

Thank you all for taking the trouble. I will ask all the questions when I arrive in England on Monday.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
It is a caravan on a marina site in kent. I shall only be using it for a few weeks a year. (To get out of the heat!!)

Thank you all for taking the trouble. I will ask all the questions when I arrive in England on Monday.
Better bring your Raincoat Pearl..ha,ha.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Better bring your Raincoat Pearl..ha,ha.
I'm sure many of us would swop with you - for your few weeks in the cold and rain in England we'd quite happily put up with the heat in Majorca! If you fancy a week or two in Yorkshire we'd happily oblige!!!!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I'm sure many of us would swop with you - for your few weeks in the cold and rain in England we'd quite happily put up with the heat in Majorca! If you fancy a week or two in Yorkshire we'd happily oblige!!!!

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I know what you mean... The grass is always greener on the other side. I am afraid Yorkshire is too far away for me. I am looking in Kent and I need somewhere I can go to often.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts