Cracked shower panel.

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,
I have just arrived home from a week away at a beautiful location near Tenby, SW wales. When we first arrived there, I was horrified to find a split in the shower ceiling spanning around half of the length of the ceiling. The split is front to back and crosses a vent. I have never noticed any imperfections prior to finding this. My van is a 2016 lunar cosmos (quasar dealer special). Has anyone had a similar experience, or any advice to offer on what to do next?
Thanks, Mark.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
How odd. I wouldn't worry about spares particularly with Lunar being no more. I would think that coould be easily fixed. There are companies on line that will cut thin gauge plastic to any size you want, remove inside of vent, apply glue, offer plastic up and prop in position, mastic edges, replace vent liner.

Should look like new.

John

Reactions: Marky 1971
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Depends a bit on what you had in mind but it would be possible to have a thin plastic sheet cut to size to fix over the top of the split ceiling, or a strip that could be stuck across the split. I googled ‘thin white plastic sheet’ and several suppliers were listed with price according to needs - one I entered square metre white 3mm thick was about £55. (Seems to match John’s entry that appeared while I was typing!)

Reactions: Marky 1971
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I lined part of our shower with sheeting from Amari Plastics Bristol. They will cut the sheet to your size spec including the vent cut out..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts