Creaky back boards on sofa

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have just had a similar issue on our Continental. The issue as we saw it was caused simply because the people who built the caravan wouldnt know a straight line and equidistant spacing if they fell over it. Ours was the finished side of the bed box, rubbing on the side of a cupboard. I have some silicon based tape that was designed for temporary window repairs, and having removed the bed box end, it was clear to see where the two surfaces were rubbing, an area of a square inch or so. I just cut two squares of the tape and placed them over the rub marks. Being silicone based, the outer face of the tape is quite slippy and once reassembled, no more squeaks.

Reactions: Graeme-wiles
Aug 13, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I have just had a similar issue on our Continental. The issue as we saw it was caused simply because the people who built the caravan wouldnt know a straight line and equidistant spacing if they fell over it. Ours was the finished side of the bed box, rubbing on the side of a cupboard. I have some silicon based tape that was designed for temporary window repairs, and having removed the bed box end, it was clear to see where the two surfaces were rubbing, an area of a square inch or so. I just cut two squares of the tape and placed them over the rub marks. Being silicone based, the outer face of the tape is quite slippy and once reassembled, no more squeaks.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked the fixing screws, they have a habit of working loose. I find very often on caravans that once a screw has worked loose, the dont tighten again properly, so I tend to use a smidge of Loctite in the holes.

Aug 13, 2021
Visit site
It seems as if the board is too flimsy in between supports. Wanted to know if I could add extra supports with outer effecting the heat that escapes from the water heater under the seat

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Right, I have the same thing on mine. Try getting a couple of rubber washers, and fitting them between board and side wall of caravan, then make sure the screws are properly tight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts