Crockery drainer and sink plug

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Could anyone recommend a good crockery drainer and tell me where I could get one from. I don't have much space in my kitchen area and could really do with a drainer. Do they come in different colours too as I would like keep the colour coordination theme going. How many plates can you stack on them, can you put bowls in them too?

Also, the plug in the sink keeps coming out when you put water in the sink which is most annoying. Can anyone recommend a good plug?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Lh

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

Thanks for the reply. They are genuine questions about the drainer, and the plug too. Do you have a good drainer and decent plug in your caravan then? If so, what would you recommend?

Lisa.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Lisa, I don't use a drainer I just pile all the dishes and pans up on the draining board, but then again I am a bloke.Can't help with the plug but a bit of advice, don't put a plug in the sink, water and electricity don't mix.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's what I like about this forum, nice straight forward answers!

How was the Beacons Lisa?
I would also try a little silicon sealant (clear) around the mating surface of the plug (let it dry first) if you can't find a suitable new plug. Like Roy, we don't use a drainer, one washes while the other wipes.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks you two for the advice, very useful!!!!

Lol - the holiday, where do I start?, we came home early. If I just say all the site lacked was barbed wire and electric fencing that should give you an idea.

p.s. Lol, 'one washes, the other dries', you taking about you and Roy, is there something you'd like to share with us?

Lisa

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Lisa

We use a bowl in the sink. Has for drainer one washer one dry.

You cud drill a hole in each plate. Put a pies of weir frown the howl and hang it on a near by tree to dry.

Mark

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark

Thanks for the reply.

I think your idea about drilling a hole in the plates and hanging them out to dry on a tree is absolutely brilliant.

I'm not very good with drills, would I be able to make a hole in the plate if I got a large nail and hit it with a hammer?

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We would make a good double act but not the type you're thinking of.

Lol get out of towcars and help me out here mate
Roy

I wasn't implying anything other than I thought maybe you were a police officer and Lol liked dancing, that's all.

Lisa

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Roy

I wasn't implying anything other than I thought maybe you were a police officer and Lol liked dancing, that's all.

Lisa
I seem to have dug a bit of a hole for myself here.Maybe Lol does like dancing, I don't know.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not on this forum, nope!
Roy, all I can do is remind you to stay silent, I have delt with Lh before, and there's no winning! Sorry about that mental picture (I suffer from these too).....was I washing or drying?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's about time you made an appearance, I've been accosted by a mad feminist and need all the help I can get (you where washing)
Hi Roy & Lol

Roy - I like a man in uniform so I'll take up your offer of scouse thanks.

Lol - As a sorry for upsetting you, I'll make you one of Mark's dishes with plenty of alcohol.

Lisa xx

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm afraid your on your own with this one Roy, I know when to cut my loses and run.....(damn I'm always the one washing, my hands are hell at the moment)
Lol

Maybe Roy can lend you some of Avon lotion!!

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm afraid your on your own with this one Roy, I know when to cut my loses and run.....(damn I'm always the one washing, my hands are hell at the moment)
I would prefer his marigolds, but where would I dry them? Finished with that hammer and nail yet Lisa?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts