crossways cc site, weymouth and area

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi, has anybody been on this cc site?. whats its like?. what are the pitch sizes like?. what is the area like?. what are the beaches like?.

sorry for all the questions but need to plan the hols left it a little late this year, not like me at all.

look forward to your comments.

thanks

jo-anne

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Crossways is a very nice CC site. Most of the pitches are in groups so the site has a small feel about it, some very shaded. When I visited it was all grass pitches, not your normal regimental CC site as far as layout is concerned. The children have a small adventure playground area. The coast is not far away, you have the kiss me quick style of resort in Weymouth, or alternatives, this is a beautiful coastline and I have lived in Wimborne for years now. There is a pub which does ok food within easy walking distance. Some pitches will get a bit of rail noise, but nothing to worry about. Overall a very nice site which you will not be disappointed in. Oh I forgot to mention the toilet block, this is a bit different but I am about to have my tea. Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Andrew about the site and in addition we were told by the warden that all barbecues are banned, (including gas). In our opinion barbies are part of the caravanning experience.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Agree with Andrew about the site and in addition we were told by the warden that all barbecues are banned, (including gas). In our opinion barbies are part of the caravanning experience.
god, you are correct bbq'a are part of caravanning. i have a coal one so i will be checking this out.

thanks

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi. Crossways is a very nice CC site. Most of the pitches are in groups so the site has a small feel about it, some very shaded. When I visited it was all grass pitches, not your normal regimental CC site as far as layout is concerned. The children have a small adventure playground area. The coast is not far away, you have the kiss me quick style of resort in Weymouth, or alternatives, this is a beautiful coastline and I have lived in Wimborne for years now. There is a pub which does ok food within easy walking distance. Some pitches will get a bit of rail noise, but nothing to worry about. Overall a very nice site which you will not be disappointed in. Oh I forgot to mention the toilet block, this is a bit different but I am about to have my tea. Andrew
andrew come on im dying to find out about the loos, tell me please?.

jo-anne

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
andrew come on im dying to find out about the loos, tell me please?.

jo-anne
Hi jo-anne. I am not very technical and will no doubt get corrected but basically the toilet waste is converted into compost. When you go to the loo it drops down into a large area where it is mixed with something that resembles sawdust. This then gets taken away and converted into compost. This should not put you off the site though as it is no problem. Really!!!!

Andrew

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Haven't used Crossways but have used the Hunters Moon CC site just outside Wareham (3 times in the past few months). Good access to the coast at Studland, Swanage and the Dorset coastal path. The site has an extensive and well-equipped play area, dog-walk and access to Wareham Forest for walking. You can easily walk into Wareham from the site (ask in site office for printed directions) and an excellent pub, the Silent Woman is also in walking distance. Wareham is a pretty market town with two rivers running through it. The beaches at Studland are superb, as are the walks on the coastal path. The Studland pub (Bankes Arms) has excellent local beers and good food. All in all we have found the Hunters Moon site to provide one of the best bases ever for enjoyment and judging by the map, access is easier than Crossways. Whichever site you choose, I'm sure you will find the Purbeck countryside and coast to be most enjoyable!

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Agree with the comments about Hunters Moon, being local we stay there a lot of bank Holidays and were there over Easter. A bit more regimental than Crossways as far as layout is concerned but there are grass and hardstanding pitches. no restrictions on barbeques. Andrew

May 3, 2006
Visit site
For the likes of me and other uninitiated caravanners, has a cc site less facilities,etc.

Having never stayed at one to my knowledge, it would be interesting to hear comments of whether it is preferred by most or not.

Probably just as important is the Tarrifs.

Regards

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi les, we are a family of 4 in our mid 30's with a staffordshire bull terrier. we wouldnt stay anywhere but a cc site. the standard of the loos is fantastic and the showers are always spotless. the sites are always very well kept and the wardens are usually very nice and helpful. you can usually pick your own pitch then go and tell them when you have set up. we have stayed at non cc sites but as soon as we went to broadway cc site we wouldnt go back to a non cc site.

hope this helps but not everyone will agree with me.

jo-anne

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Haven't used Crossways but have used the Hunters Moon CC site just outside Wareham (3 times in the past few months). Good access to the coast at Studland, Swanage and the Dorset coastal path. The site has an extensive and well-equipped play area, dog-walk and access to Wareham Forest for walking. You can easily walk into Wareham from the site (ask in site office for printed directions) and an excellent pub, the Silent Woman is also in walking distance. Wareham is a pretty market town with two rivers running through it. The beaches at Studland are superb, as are the walks on the coastal path. The Studland pub (Bankes Arms) has excellent local beers and good food. All in all we have found the Hunters Moon site to provide one of the best bases ever for enjoyment and judging by the map, access is easier than Crossways. Whichever site you choose, I'm sure you will find the Purbeck countryside and coast to be most enjoyable!
thanks keith for that. is it near to weymouth?.

May 3, 2006
Visit site
hi les, we are a family of 4 in our mid 30's with a staffordshire bull terrier. we wouldnt stay anywhere but a cc site. the standard of the loos is fantastic and the showers are always spotless. the sites are always very well kept and the wardens are usually very nice and helpful. you can usually pick your own pitch then go and tell them when you have set up. we have stayed at non cc sites but as soon as we went to broadway cc site we wouldnt go back to a non cc site.

hope this helps but not everyone will agree with me.

jo-anne
Hi jo-anne

Thank you for the info I will now look for some cc sites in Devon and Cornwall, Any recommendations will be welcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts